WHAT DO U THINK WILL HAPPEN???

by chuckyy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

Hi all.

My mother in law got "a talking to" by 2 elders today. Thing is, we all live together, my jw mother in law, my disassociated wife and I, and, our little girl. We have all been living together for 5 months or so. Now though, the elders have decided that isnt wise and the "new book" advises that we not only do not live together, but see as little of each other as possible, quoting 2 John about not even saying a greeting to such a person. My m. in law said:" isnt that scripture referring to the Antichrist??" They answered no, it applies to everyone who leaves the JWS. Anyway, My m.in law flat out refused and said that it is a permenant arrangement and they could do what they liked. She asked what might happen next. They mentioned removing privileges etc or "more".

WHAT DO U THINK MAY HAPPEN NEXT??

Do u think it could go as far as disfellowshipping???

CHUKYY

• sacolton
    sacolton

Wow! That's pretty damn extreme! Damn cult sticking their nose in family business. Tell them to butt the hell out!!!

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    Do u think it could go as far as disfellowshipping???

If it did it wouldn't suprise me. They will probably just remove privledges and mark her for now though

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Chukky

Are you and your wife viewed as apostates?

If the answer is yes then I would think if your mil didnt conform to their wishes and move out after a number of 'shepherding' visits, during which time she would probably be viewed as weak and a 'bad association and 'marked' as such then they would DF her.

Is there a local elder who might be on a witch hunt who could be driving this?

Does she want to leave the JW's?

Anglise

• Quentin
    Quentin

Remarkable...they get weirder with each passing day. Appears desperate as well. Fear seems to drive them to these extremes. In todays jw world anything is possiable. I don't think thirty, forty years ago it would have been as strong an issue...some counsiling perhaps, to the MIL to be carefull, guard herself, so forth. But to tell her she must make other arrangments...that's ignorant...un-bibical as well...

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

What appears to be happening lately is that they want to apply 2John to ANY person that no longer carries the healthful teaching. They FEAR any and every association with those that no longer attend. Fear that they will INFECT others with the plague of KNOWLEDGE!!!

NMG

• JeffT
    JeffT

I think your MIL should show up at said elder's house with her bag packed and announce "I'm here!" as she pushes past him to go inside. Might be fun.

Yes, I think it could go to DF'ing, nothing surprises me about these people anymore.

• flipper
    flipper

CHUCKYY- The elders in the Jehovah's Witnesses cult are becoming much more intrusive into people's lives than they used to be. No More Guilt is right- the motive is FEAR. The Watchtower society is fearful of their rank and file members finding out any real truths about the scam they have been pulling on their members - so they instruct them to shun even family members who are deemed as a threat to expose the witnesses crazy belief system. I think the elders may restrict her privileges , but if they try to DF her- since she seems spunky, I would advise her to appeal any DFing decision , as how can they judge her to help her own children ? How do the elders know- you guys might need financial help ! It really is none of their business

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

My take on this.....stems from my roomate being DF'd and the elders telling me to leave....at the time I really could not. But I learned this.....its better to take responsibility for what you can control. You can not control just how crazy these elders can become. However I would suggest to be positve and upbeat when your wife and mom in law are home, also make sure she knows she is welcome and your glad she is willing to stick up for her family!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Sounds like your mil is a strong woman that stands up for herself ! Good for her !

I think if she plays it cool and just states matter of factly this is HER family business and they need to mind their OWN......... everything will be fine . Yes they may take privileges away and some may choose to mark her , But that may be a good thing for her to see just how un-loving an organization she is associated with . I really don't think they will move to DF unless she starts speaking out to others against their advice .

This kind of control pressure really burns me especially when it comes to Family . She needs to ask them this question ....If she were to become ill WHO will come take care of her ? Will the Elders take her in and make sure she is clothed , fed, and medically cared for ???? NO F'N WAY ... It will be FAMILY and she is only following God given direction to care for HER own right now . They have no right to stand in judgement !!!!

I hope she will be able to stand firm under their pressure and I reallly hope it helps open her eyes to what they really are about .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit