Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.

by nvrgnbk 13 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. -Joseph Campbell

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Seeking perma-happiness only results in unfulfilled dreams and unhappiness. - Indo

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. - Denis Waitley

• Mr. Ted
    Mr. Ted

Makes me think of the Chinese proverb for people in despair:

"Keep a green tree growing in your heart and a singing bird will come."

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Never,

J.C. is correct ...

It was once a thing unimagined that the joy I currently feel could burn away the years of unremitting anguish ...

Is it merely because I am 60 and in the autumn of my years?

Thank you much, friend.

CoCo

• changeling
    changeling

In hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet. Albert Schwietzer

nvr: I'm so glad you have outgrown your "cut and paste" phase!

changeling :)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

The Dalai Lama said that enlightenment doesn't come from happiness; enlightenment comes from suffering. When you learn to let go, then you can be happy. I think it's true. I'm happiest when I'm not attached to outcomes. CoCo, I hope 60 isn't the autumn of our years - I'm not far away from that and I don't feel autumnish at all!

• oompa
    oompa

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me....than a frontal lobotomy..........dang who said that??............oompa

sounds like jack nicholson in coocoos nest...but i dont think so

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet. ~Ancient Persian Saying

• BFD
    BFD

HI, BA! How's the garden this year? (Not a highjack)

That Ancient Persian Saying are words to live by.

I always remind myself that others are so worse off than I am when I am feeling down or sorry for myself.

Nice to see you.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit