Did being a JW make you feel speical like you were part of something??

by karter 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

The chosen ones perhaps? For me it felt like we had a monopoly on the truth everyone else was wrong and we could prove it we were part of something special. I guess felling you belong is a basic human need.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I hear you. Yes, it seemed like at the time when I was new in the lie, it was a special time, a time to belong to an exclusive club that had all right answers. I was a young brainless shit head! About two years later I felt like something was wrong with the Witnesses. I continuing on out of shear blind loyalty for another 20 years. What in the hell was I thinking? I still can not believe that so many witnesses that I know that are good friends, and many family members are still going forward or backward whatever it may be in the lie....Just like I wanted to help everyone become a witness, now I want to see them come their senses and abandon the lie! It just crazy!

• Mandette
    Mandette

I think that's one of the tactics that they use. It makes people feel special and part of a unique group. Those type of groups are everywhere. And they include groups like criminal gangs too. It makes one feel wanted and give them a sense of belonging. And I think that's what pulls some into that religion. They don't have support groups(friends, interests, etc) or they are mentally ill and looking for answers, relief etc. One thing about the JW's though. They have such an arrogance when it comes to those not in the religion. Only they have the answers, only they are right. blah blah blah......only they will survive the end. And that attitude is supremely presumptuous!!!!!!

Mandette

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I always enjoy being rebellious. I detest convention. Normalcy makes me want to puke. Being a JW stroked that part of my personality. I was a rebel for not celebrating holidays like everyone else. It was like being the underdog opposing the governments and institutions of the world. It was like fighting 'The Man'.

"Hahahaha you celebrate Xmas? Pathetic norm"

I still rage against the machine, but in a different way now.

cant spell for shat this morning.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I first joined, I felt I had a privilege of belonging to the group that was going to be blessed. In short order, that was popped.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think that's what keeps most people in it even if they don't like the people they are around. Just having access to all the answers in the universe is like the ultimate high.

• strypes
    strypes

the opposite was true.

I met a man online that i was totally anamored with and he was raised JWs. I have loved Jesus as my best friend most all of my life and I was totally ignorate to the reality of the emensoty of the lie perpertrated through "the faithful and descreet slave class".

I wanted to find common ground with this man that my soul loves, but in my search for "Truth" with the HOLY SPIRIT as my teacher, I was disassociated by the man that I love. I did find "The Truth" and that is The Watch tower fails to follow the simplist instruction in the charter,"JESUS IS GOD AND TO BE WORSHIPED"....

what.. im off topic...

In my personal search for common ground as a Bornagain, in love with Almighty God. girl in love.....I wanted to find the Jehovah's Witness Orginazation to be "saved". I wanted to tell the man that his mother and father were indeed christians and that minor traditions and such "didnt matter"..

In this persuit of "accurate knowledge".. I tried to get a proper "Bible Study"... What I experienced over those five months or so.. I FELT EXCLUDED .. LIKE I WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I also learned where "common ground" ceised to exist.. AT THE CROSS!!

As beloved by My Savior, My Lord, My God and My King, I am thankful that I dont have to jump through hoops, I dont have to "pass" THE CUP OF REDEMPTION but I can partake and receive from God love and compassion and salvation and mercy and forgiveness and FELLOWSHIP!

and I learned a lot about love..

unconditional

eternal

unwavering

enduring

love.

xxx

• hubert
    hubert

I was never one, so can't help you. Sorry.

Hubert

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Absolutely. I was proud to be a JW at first. Of course as time went on it just became a pressure that created issues

• changeling
    changeling

I used to wonder: "Of all the people on the planet, how did I end up being born to JW's?"

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit