Should Smoking Be a Mortal Sin?

by skeeter1 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

No. I hate smoke around me, I also hate people who fart near me at work. But disfellowship for it, is going WAY beyond what was written.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I don't really think anything should be a DF offense as long as they are not harming someone else or trying to push it, If you think it is bad then just don't do it and set an example, like my grand father said he did not drink because he did not want someone else to think it was alright for them to do it because he was and I think the WTS is taking the words not to eat with such people too seriously, I think the word eat in the scripture does not state acually eating food, it is refering to not eat spiritual food or do not practice with them or do what they are doing, like for instance Jesus fasted in the wildernes for what was it 40 days? well I don't think he went with out food for 40 days, I think it means he did not take on spiritual food.

I don't know if I am making any sense and I have still been contemplating on the idea...

• trueblue
    trueblue

also nothing mortal sin because we are imperfect born with sin, it is not our fault, it is that you are trying to do what is right is the key

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is how the rules cross over, which happens when u just make it up to begin with.

Smoking is bad for your health. Defiling the flesh, so one should be DF'd for having such disrespect for life.

Blood is to be avoided at all costs. Even to save a life. If one knowingly accepts a blood transfusion, they are considered disassociatted as they are no longer one of Jehovahs Witnesses as demonstrated by their actions, saving a life.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    also nothing mortal sin because we are imperfect born with sin, it is not our fault, it is that you are trying to do what is right is the key

You make some good points. It is more accurate to say that all sin is mortal sin and none of us are free from sin.

• stillin
    stillin

all things in moderation... including moderation

• HayDay
    HayDay

What about if you just want to chill out sometimes in the Hooka Bar with your friends? It's not really addicting to most people. I started with Hooka and then tried cigarettes. I still smoke occasionally with a few drinks, maybe 1 or 2 cigarettes 1 or 2 nights a week. I'm not an addict, I just enjoy it sometimes. Same for cigars too.

They just have to control everyone and everything, and use a handy-dandy scripture to do so...

• bats in the belfry
  • bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

ONE OF THE COOLEST COVERS EVER

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit