'Paradise Earth' makes absolutely no sense!

by navytownroger 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nondescriptex
    nondescriptex

I thought I knew it was true. I became frustrated because people I talked to in field service just could not see it. It baffled me that people could not see what was so plainly true and wonderful and taught in the Bible. Then I sat down with the Bible to find the rock solid irrefutable proof that would help people understand. But there was no such proof. I even mentioned to other JW's how interesting it was that the paradise earth is not plainly stated in the Bible, it's like a puzzle in pieces that we have to put together. But... the pieces don't really fit. I wanted it to be there, but I wanted it to honestly be there, because we're different from other religions and we teach only the truth found in the Bible, nothing more nothing less. With the passing of time I came to realize, you guessed it, it just isn't there.

• Sasha
    Sasha

"now, we see in a mirror, then, we will see face to face" forgot what scripture that is.

• choosing life
    choosing life

There is nothing in the Bible that really says we will live in a paradise earth forever. Jesus only spoke about living forever in heaven. The witnesses have created a false hope of a material paradise with fleshly immortality rather than a spiritual one.

I think this so appeals to people, myself included at one time, because we are afraid of death and the unknown. Telling us we will never have to die soothes that fear, but it does not make it real.

I think the society is very aware that this teaching is false, but doesn't want to bust the bubble so many have caught up in.

• cameo-d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit