Marley Cole's "Jehovah's Witnesses - The New World Society"

by witnessgirl 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind

Thanks for bringing this book to my attention. Have downloaded it. Unfortunately I cant open the second book Theocratic Kingdom from Nathan Natas link. Downloaded it ok but just wouldnt open.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm sorry - that file appears to have become corrupted, much like the WTB&TS itself.

I also got the title wrong - it isn't THEOCRATIC Kingdom, it's TRIUMPHANT Kingdom, which is even funnier.

Maybe they mean INVISIBLY triumphant. Feel free to use your imagination.

Here's a link to a new downloadable file: http://www.badongo.com/file/10701610

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind

Thank you Nathan link works a treat!

• x_ga_jw
    x_ga_jw

I think he is dead. He went to the scandal prone Roswell, GA. congregation for many years where most thought he was the second coming of Christ (including himself). His protege', initials BW (if you went to that hall in the 80's you know who I am referring to), was a child molester and Marly reportedly knew this before BW moved to Roswell, although he never saw fit to warn any of the parents of BW's victims. BW was later disfellowshipped for financially screwing several people in the hall. Marley and the other elders still chose to ignore BW's "attraction" to teen boys even though it was brought to their attention. Marley and all the elders who were there in the 80's are responsible for ruining families and destoying lives...but I guess that is the nature of the WT.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Welcome to the Forum, x-ga-jw!

Here's Marley's obituary from a Minnesota paper:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/startribune/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=126904964

An obituary by a JW:

http://www.tracymuck.com/main/news.php?item.1103.11

And here's where you can download his two books. They are now in the public domain:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Marley%20Cole%22

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I got a copy back in 1984 and read it. From what I remember there was an afterwards on 1975. He just passed it off as a dry run.

I've read a few others. I think reading James Penton's before (positive) and after (negative) of Jehovah's witnesses was interesting.

Then there was Matthew Alfs "The Evocative Religion of Jehovah's Witnesses" - that was interesting as a look at it from a sociological perspective.

Then there was Christine King's "The Nazi State and the New Religions : Five Case Studies in NonConformity" there was a chapter on JWs, as well as Mormons, The Seventh Day Adventists, New Apostolic Church, and Christian Science"

Then there was " Mothers in the Fatherland: Women, the Family and Nazi Politics" by Claudia Koonz an analysis on the role of women in upholding the Nazi state.

Then there was " Death Dealer: The Memoirs of the SS Kommandant at Auschwitz" - interesting to see how Rudolf Hoess viewd the JW's

Then there was a book by Kogon entitled "Theory and Practice of Hell" which gave some accounts about JW's in the camps.

Then there was a really interesting book written by a woman imprisoned for being a communist, and she was placed as a trustee over the JW women's unit. Michelangelo in Ravensbrück - By Karolina Lanckoronska

I think these are quite good...

• dissed
    dissed

I'm commenting to bring this back to the top.

When I was studying in the early 70's, an Elder was fearful I was reading an apostate book 'slave of the WT'? and gave me this book to read. As he said, it was from an outside source that was honest, so could be trusted.

That was a lie.

Cole was a JW, and had been for years.

Why would the JW's see the need to lie? Coles own words confirmed the lie.

All these years, I was lied to by the JW's. And from what we now know, it came from Knorr, the self-proclaimed, spirit directed leader of the JW's.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i'd seen this book in a cupboard at home for years and never bothered reading it.

when i left home i found it stuffed in my belongings and one night in my new lodgings i got round to reading it, didnt have internet back then.

it may have been written pro jo' but by the time i'd finished reading i felt relieved that i hadnt left some god chosen org, just a nutty imported american cult.

its interesting to hear the extra history on the book, and the lengths the borg would go to get it published by an outside source when they had printing presses of their own.

• designs
    designs

Marley was a frequent guest speaker at the Hall I attended. At the time, in the 90's, he was living near Encinitas Ca.. Still have a dusty copy of his 1955 book. He and Kite and a few others had their glory days pre 75. The air got let out of the tires after that embarrassment.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Why was he chosen to write the book? Was he already an author?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit