Wal-Mart encourages (demands?) non-Democratic stance from mgmt.

by Octarine Prince 29 Replies latest social current

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yep

• journey-on
    journey-on

I absolutely cannot stand Wal-mart. But, in all fairness to the corporation, you cannot have it both ways, folks.

You want cheap. The only way you are going to get that is imports from China, low-wages, few benefits, and

snuffing out local competitors. If you start insisting on high quality products, higher wages, paid benefits, and

unionized workers, you can KISS CHEAP GOODBYE.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Target, Costco, and many other good companies manage it.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    I've worked for several companies that tried very hard to influence the political leanings of their employees. I've told more than one employer that my political leanings are not for sale.

Don't ever try working in the US public school system.

• journey-on
    journey-on

When I need a "plastic bucket" or a "bottle of shampoo", I like Target. But, their prices are not near as cheap

as Wal-mart's prices. I don't know about Costco. They aren't in the area where I live.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I would say Target is slightly higher on most goods. Not much. I prefer to spend the extra few cents at a company that treats it's employees and our community at least somewhat better than WM. If WM paid their employee's a bit better, they might have that choice too, and then where would we be?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hmmm I almost forgot the company that actually does a great job all around. Trader Joe's. Higher quality products, lower prices than almost anywhere, and treat their employees very well, including a decent wage.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I love Wal-Mart. I bought a TV there so I can watch Fox news. Love those sweatshop clothes, too. Cheap prices, good quality. I see a class of people working there who I never see at Target. They seem happy to be employed. On my way home I listen to Savage on the radio. It's a great country we live in.

This isn't a political thread is it? Oh, shit!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

ROFL!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Gregor, you're incorrigible!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit