440 Bethelites reassigned

by stillajwexelder 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Stilla, I saw Rachel Ray's magazine while at the grocery store tonight. I thought of you.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

My source spinned it that some of the ousted Bethelites were being retrained onsite with job skills they could use to support themselves. Yay!

As in the husbandly male-unit being retrained to do electrical or air conditioning work.

And the wives? Nada! Apparently the women can just suck it up and pioneer. I'm thinking, "Yah, they can scrub toilets into their 70's."

The more I shared my concern for these throwaways, the more it was robotically pushed, "Their God-given assignment changed. That is all."

It did not matter what they voluntarily contracted for, or to. Jehovah hisself changed their assignment and it was ugly of me to question how they may fare
    out here in the real world.

Hopefully these Bethelite throwaways find and read this site. I'm fairly sure some are already lurking. Life off the Bethel teat is not so easy nowadays;
    the "friends" are strapped to the hilt just to support themselves and the Kingdom Hall remodeling programs.

The love of the greater number has hit a low temperature when the most zealous JW's can frozen-heartedly say, "Their assignment changed. That is all."

~Sue

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

What's the word on thier compensation? My parents told me there was a retraction and they are being paid something either in separation or some recurring payment. They said this in response to my complaints about cutting people loose without retirement or marketable skills.

• yknot
    yknot

So 440 could be a half-truth......with the rest receiving some sort of workforce training.......

I am happy they aren't just being cast off like skinned lambs......but had they, we would have seen an increase of 50+ joining.

• bobld
    bobld

I would have to dig up my notes but at least 2200 were let go as per bethel member around 2006.I mean let go not asigned to anything but just told to leave.I thought man this Org. is hard as nails.The kicker is at the last D.C. they keep asking for young one for bethel service.Special meeting for bethel service for those between the ages of 18-35 however,those younger than 18 are welcome to attend.Yeah we want them young after we are done with you and you get old we will kick you out.There are more fish in the sea as it were.

Bob

• sir82
    sir82

Way way more than 440 since the layoffs began.

Based on comments from our very own special pioneer couple, 440 sounds about right for the number let go during 2008.

I think the grand total for all layoffs is around 2000 or so, since it began.

• heathen
    heathen

It probably won't be too hard for most of them since being at bethel they probably have excellent credit and can go out and start their own janitorial business . Some may be absorbed by congregations where they have family (in the org.) to help get them on their feet . I notice we suddenly have a bunch of pioneers at the congregation I've been visiting lately of which they've been paying for food but suddenly they came up short on the monthly bills for the hall . hmmmmmmm wonder what the connection is there if any.............

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey Stilla ! Ya beat me to this. It was read in our congregation donation acknowledgement letter last night that 440 Bethelites were reassigned as Special Pioneers. I didn't catch the start date for the 440 count. The letter noted how appreciative the congregations were for receiving these spiritually mature brothers and sisters.

As special pioneers, they are still reimbursed by the bOrg for some expenses and assigned to a congaroony. I think they may get some kind of health coverage. Usually, these are the older ones that are put out to pasture. No doubt the bOrg is hoping they'll move and find jobs so they don't have to keep paying them.

The vast majority of those booted from Bethel were simply invited to leave, go pioneer somewhere, shut-up about Bethel problems, and keep smiling.

B the X

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Hmmm...someone made a comment about how "this organization doesn't put anyone out to pasture" or "chew them up and spit them out."

I wish I had something a bit more concrete than rumblings from a message board to show them....

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Not Feeling It: Only Bethelites reassigned as "Special Pioneers" are given ANY kind of compensation or care after leaving. The VAST majority of those being laid off drop out of full-time service alltogether, and have never been compensated in any way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit