Turning in your time

by witnessgirl 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• boyzone
    boyzone

The bottom line is, it aint in the bible. So if it isn't in there, not even in principle, why do it?

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Hey...............

The person on the right

looks like Bill Gates

So that's how the Microsoft founder

has been spending his free time

Disturbing and cultish

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

And don't forget it's how we measure your spiritual progress and maturity.

• Yikes
    Yikes

Every religion is ran as a business, don't kid yourself. The dubs are no exception. This data can be used for a multitide of reasons, defining territories, evaluating effectiveness, PR (and PR is HUGE)....the list is endless.

Bottomline, this is pretty normal stuff. The dubs have far greater issues than this.

As a side note, i would highly challenge the accuracy of the reports...I always "padded" my times. When they made the "10-hour Rule" I was consistantly around 4 or 5 yet reported 11.

And seriously...when we did the "after McDonalds" break and started on the backcalls, how can that time even count...I usually never left the car...

Take is for what it is....statistical data, nothing more...

• witnessgirl
    witnessgirl

Dunno, I just don't see other religions printing this sort of encouragement. I think that boyzone identified exactly what bothers me about the graphic--I'm used to the Watchtower being full of pictures of Biblical scenes, and something completely extrabiblical, business-related, and demanding like this really jumped out at me. I do absolutely realize the importance of record-keeping to businesses, and of course I realize that the Org is a business--but it is a business masquerading as a religion, and graphics like this just aren't what I expect from my religion.

I guess at least part of why it seems cultish to me is that the entire concept of turning in your time always seemed a bit strange (and later cultish) to me. I saw a cartoon years ago that someone drew, showing a prisioner chained to a time clock with the caption, "Turning in your time", so I suspect that I'm not the only one who sees it like that.

(Side note: FWIW, I am very embarrassed to admit that until just before I got baptized, I honestly thought that field service was voluntary.)

Later,

Heather.

• Yikes
    Yikes
    (Side note: FWIW, I am very embarrassed to admit that until just before I got baptized, I honestly thought that field service was voluntary.)

It is....you just pay for it if you don't....

They keep track of the time because that is one of the bizarre things that they do....

I have a friend that is a Lutheran...trust me babe...they keep track of the money that you commit and they come after you if you don't pay.

I have a friend that is the "CFO" of a Parish in Long Island... You don't pay...they send you to a collection agency...

All religions have their little issues.

What separates the J-dubs from the rest is the mind washing and brainwashing that goes on. The constant beating of doctrine and the forced beating of your inner conscience... Yes, Jehovah's Witness is the worlds largest cult...there is no doubt about it. But tracking time is not what makes them a cult...

• Honesty
    Honesty

I know an 'anointed one' (she may be dead now since she was old back then [15 years ago]) who drove all the way from Illinois back to Knoxville, TN. to personally turn in her Field Service Report to the Congregation Secretary.

Then...

She turned around and drove all the way back to Illinois to continue visiting with her relatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit