Rank & File Unfamiliar with WTS former NGO Status?

by megs 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    We have never belonged to that organization and never will.

It's all in the wording. The Society has never been a member of the United Nations and it never will. Only national governments can be members of the United Nations.

What the Society did was gain status as a recognized NGO (non-governmental organization). Their excuses for doing so (to gain a library card) have been proven false. It's not so much being an NGO so much as how one has to go about to become an NGO. Years of bad-mouthing and condemning the UN as the image of the Wild Beast only to turn around and actully fill out paper work so as to be recognized as a suiter is the actual scandal.

I think it's important for anyone who wants to use this scandal as a stake to the heart in an argument to understand the issue inside and out and be careful to use the proper terminology. If you tell a JW that the Sociey joined the UN and they actually do the research and learn that it's impossible for that to happen, they're going to figure it's just some apostate garbage and discontinue the research and return to mother and her warm embrace.

• megs
    megs

Just to clarify... I clearly stated that the WTS was an NGO of the UN, I restated that in my response to her. What is interesting is that I stated this to her nearly two months ago... It must have put a seed in her mind as this is the only thing she has responded to me about.

• JK666
    JK666

Believe it or not, many elders do not know about it. How sad!

JK

• mustang
    mustang
    She apparently missed the service meeting when it was briefly (more on a side note then announcement) mentioned.

Announcement = "don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain".

Mustang

Couldn't Resist Class

• yknot
    yknot

UN Agenda 21 participation in June 2008 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/159534/1.ashx

• megs
    megs

I haven't quite figured out this lady... I think perhaps she is suffering from cognitive dissonance... She has already responded to my email, mentioned nothing about the UN, and said she looks forward to hearing from me when I get back (I'm going away for the weekend)...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Only the PO in my last hall knew anything about it.

He hemmed and hawed around with me and another elder when we asked about it.

I escaped.

The other elder is too busy kissing as$ to leave.

• Rohag
    Rohag

Thank you, Quandry! I just had to share that encounter. It wasn't what I was expecting after reading others' posts.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Honestly the R&F don't know about it. My mom reg pioneer, my step dad "anointed" and he spoke wtih an elder in his hall and no one ever heard about it, so of course it was just apostate stuff I was looking at that blew everything out of proportion...lmao. She said she needs proof. And proof I will give them. They defended the WT to a tee. The info I send them will involve alot more than the UN scandal

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

LOL. When i was still a relative newbie on this site, I posted the Guardian article about the UN-WTS connection like it was something people hadn't seen. haha. "OH WOW CHECK THIS OUT!" DUHHHHHHH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit