How do they know they are of the anointed?

by tak 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• donny
    donny

I once asked an elder in my congregation "What if an anointed falls away and then several years later repents and comes back to the fold, is he still anointed or is he one of the great crowd?"

He replied that he would still be anointed because "you can't be demoted in your heavenly inheritance. Once you have the heavenly calling, you either retain it or are destroyed."

So I asked "Then that means that someone who replaces a fallen away anointed member is replacing a dead one?"

He said "Exactly."

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

There was a poster here Little Toe who said he was anointed and I asked him right out how he "knew" - he gave me a vague non-direct answer - I asked again and got no answer

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Little Toe was annointed?..Doesn't he still post here? Didn't he marry Xena?

Anyway, all I could think of when I read this thread was how my JW MIL used to brag about bringing one of the "Annointed" into the "Truth".
    She studied with her and eventually she became a JW and later one of the annointed. They are both still JW's by the way.

I still have a tendancy to think they often have brought the heavenly living teaching with them from a previous religion and got the feeling that they must be one of the annointed from that.

Snoozy..

• heathen
    heathen

There are a bunch around here that claim "anointment". LT , amazing, jcanon, there's a start of a list anyway. Apparently it is possible according to the new testament for one to leave the fold then return after repenting ."anointment" does not mean you are perfect or anything , you usually will encounter allot with serious imperfections .

• mind my own
    mind my own

They just know. Shhh, don't question it!

MMO

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

When I was active in the religion I met a few 'anointed'. I asked how they knew they were anointed. I got vague answers that didn't mean anything to me. What it boils down to is that it cannot be proved to anybody ELSE if somebody is anointed. Only a voice from heaven would actually prove it.

The problem I had with the whole thing is that I perceived some thought they were owed some special measure of 'respect' and I just avoided them.

LHG

• moshe
    moshe
    It doesn't really matter because the so-called anointed don't have any power

I was surprised to find that out in the 70's when I talked to the 5 or 6 annointed in our cong- brothers and sisters in their 70's and 80's. Nobody from Bethel had their name, asked their opinion about scriptual matters, no invites to yearly meetings, nothing at all. They were indeed a faceless bunch. The only honor I saw them receive was perhaps being used to offer a prayer at the 3 day Circuit assemblies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit