Let's help the friends give the #3 talk

by CombattingTheCult 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CombattingTheCult
    CombattingTheCult

I thought it might be considerate to help the friends who have the #3 talk this week. The subject is "True Prophets Did Not Always Understand How and When Things Foretold Would Happen". Any modern day applications would be especially beneficial for the audience. Suggestions?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I want to give this talk.

Elder-schmelder

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "The subject is "True Prophets Did Not Always Understand How and When Things Foretold Would Happen""

Well, then they weren't true prophets. They were bullshit prophets.

Please applaud. This is my first talk. Sorry I didn't fill the 5 minute quota, but I was working with a lack of material.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Whether true prophets understand what they are prophesying, they at least get it right. By comparison, the Washtowel Slaveholdery has simply rolled back the dates when they got it wrong. They never once got the date right, even when they were advising people to sell out and pioneer.

• Domina
    Domina

Maybe we can go on a field trip to Beth Sarim? That would be good at least for an illustration of what happens when one makes a prophecy that falls flat.

• erandir
    erandir

I went through and read the source material for this talk. OMG...it's been a while since I last attended a meeting, and I don't know how or why I bought in to this load of hog feces!

They're basically saying they are right because they speak for god but can make mistakes becaues they are humans. That sort of thing wouldn't have flown for the "prophets" of the old testament. Why do they get away with that b.s. today? It's so sad that people actually buy into this garbage and look down on others who can't or won't stomach it.

• Quandry
    Quandry

They're basically saying they are right because they speak for god but can make mistakes becaues they are humans.

Erander-that doesn't make sense, does it?

Yes, how did I "buy it" for over thirty years? They speak for God in the WT magazines and books, but aren't held accountable when they must change a teaching and claim "new light" becuse they are merely human. How convenient.

• bob1999
    bob1999

False prophets are never inspired. Inspired prophets are never false.

Peace

• erandir
    erandir

They're basically saying they are right because they speak for god but can make mistakes becaues they are humans.

Erander-that doesn't make sense, does it?

Yes, how did I "buy it" for over thirty years? They speak for God in the WT magazines and books, but aren't held accountable when they must change a teaching and claim "new light" becuse they are merely human. How convenient.

Q - exactly. it doesn't make sense. it is a contradiction. they basically get to break the rules when convenient to them. it isn't supposed to work that way.

• amama2six
    amama2six

New Light = This lie isn't working for us anymore...we're going to get called on it soon!

That's right, call it "new light", claim a little human error while still maintaining your status as "Jehovah's human channel". Oh, and don't forget to reiterate time and time again that looking at any outside information pertaining to the history of your "organization" constitutes "apostasy"; wouldn't want anyone figuring out what you're REALLY doing now, would you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit