I did it!!!!!!

by Mandette 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandette
    Mandette

After reading a couple of posts about getting rid of publications, I finally got the courage to do it. I went home and cleaned them all out. They were on a shelf in my garage being apartment buildings for wasps nests!!!!

Anyway for the past 10 years that was the closest that I could get them to the dumpster!!!

I dumped them all in yesterday afternoon. And lightening did NOT strike.....and oddly enough I feel better. It's like I broke a hold on me.......I know that's strange....

Mandette

• *summer*
    *summer*

Good for you, Mandette

A big weight off your shoulders. Getting rid of physical clutter is good for the mind. Time to breathe easy now

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

The physical clutter is by far

the easiest to rid yourself of.

The more difficult is the mental

debris that is tucked tight into

every nook and cranny of your psyche.

That stuff seems to grow claws and latch

tightly to whatever emotion is nearby

Since JW life literally touched each and

every aspect of our lives, it will take some

time to root it all out and dispose of it.

Each and every crumb missed while purging

has been known to pop up like a weed at

the most unexpected times.

Today it all begins

Get out your mental "Roundup"

Those weeds are nasty!

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's very cathartic, isn't it? I cleared mine out too shortly after deciding to never go back to dub-land, as they were just taking up space. In their place, I have a few books that tell the TRUTH about the JW's.

• Mandette
    Mandette

LC

I LOVE the way you write. You have a way with words! And you're so right. Now it's the mental "weeds". I'm still working on those. At least I'm not having nightmares about Armageddon anymore. Now I'm working on the knots I get when something significant happens in the world. That's the hard one for me to get rid of....the thought that MAYBE they could be right. I know logically how things are BUT sometimes it's hard to be logical after so many years of living in fear under a cloud of doom!

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Mandette

• Gopher
    Gopher

The JW's are good at creating fear and anxiety. It's only natural that those emotions would rattle around inside of us for a while as we free ourselves of their mindset.

At least you got rid of literature that provides that negative input.

Mankind has supposedly been on the "brink of destruction" for many decades, even centuries, according to apocalyptic types. However, humanity always seems to pull through somehow, and this will continue to be the case. After a while the anxiety fades as you concentrate on your activity and your goals, and as you create the environment and attitude you want for yourself.

• sacolton
    sacolton

WAY TO GO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

alt

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Bravo!

• Casper
    Casper

Yay-You...!!!

Very "Liberating"....... isn't it...

I also have to deal with the fear and anxiety feelings when something big happens in the world...and the "just maybes"... they conditioned us well....

Cas

• oompa
    oompa

I heard you tried to burn them several times, but they would not....no luck! lol.............way to go.........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit