What happened at the recent DC?

by Allegory 15 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome!

Unfortunately for the vast majority of JWs, friendships are conditional. Conditional that you are a faithful, zealous JW. Once you speak your mind or act independant of the Society's teachings, they'll pull away from you. Over time, it's as if you never existed.

As for the convention, I don't if there was a part on distancing those who aren't progressing in their study (though from time to time they'll make it a point to remind everyone not to waste too much time on someone not "progressing"). But I did hear that they were pretty hard on making sure that the dubs followed the rules as far as how to treat DFd ones and even inactive ones. It could be that since you're not getting baptized and you question some core teachings, your so-called "friend" has decided to apply that counsel to the relationship with you and is seeking to end that friendship.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger though...it's happened to most of us...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They probably had a talk about "bad associations" at the Grand Boasting Session, including people that do not believe the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Even though you are not baptized (and cannot be disfellowshipped), they can label you as "bad associations" if you do not believe the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. And there is a good chance that the "friendship" never was more than an attempt to get you to become a witless.

• yknot
    yknot

I ain't listen to them all ..but I can PM you the DC talks if you want.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Welcome

to the world of the

Dumped and

Booted

Not to mention

all of the undercoverers (is that a word)

and slinkerers (another non word) away

Nice

• Honesty
    Honesty

I know this is going to be a hard pill to swallow BUT...

You weren't Stupid enough to become a Jay Dub Ya so she cut yo butt loose.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I'm sorry you have felt the sting of rejection from a person who simply viewed you as another potential convert.

When you resisted assimilation, you were cut off.

Unconditional love is an oxymoron in the WT world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit