OK for wifey to count kiddie hours now, per Sept KM.

by Open mind 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still_in74
    still_in74

i seem to recall that if a person is accompanying someone on a Bible study and they comment/participate then they also get to count a study.

this new tactic dose more than just increase service hours, it encourages more family study, more hounding of the kids, after all its the kids that are all leaving the org.

with no Book study they wil encourage more family study and give more hours for doing it.

• yknot
    yknot

Sounds like the society is trying to up it's numbers for the yearly stats!

Gotta show increase somewhere!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Just kiddin Sweet Pea! Ha.

Outaservice

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Nice! Soon if you have 4 kids and both parents study with all 4 kids for 1 hour they may be able to report 8 total hours. Scam-tastic.

--Not Reporting It

• Robert222
    Robert222

I'm glad this topic was brought up as I never thought about it. We normally would have about 10 people walking door to door on a Saturday morning for two hours working house-over-house. The Society would get a report of 20 hrs for that day when in fact it is only two hours in field service reported by 10 people...this extends to bible studies, those sitting in can count their time...just amazing what this church gets away with, there skewed statistics makes them sound bigger and better than they are.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I guess that is one way to edge up closer to 7 million. Boy do I hope they fail to cross that line.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I was told by an elder that to boost my hours and make myself available for the privilege of ministerial servant, I could count four hours a month for talking to my 2 year old about Jehovah.

• Open mind
    Open mind

That's right truthseeker. ONE parent has always been able to count 4 hours per month. More often than not, it's the Dad who counts these hours.

I've sat in elder's meetings biting my tongue over situations like this.

Elder Rose-Colored-Glasses: It's too bad Brother Fluffer's wife has such low hours in the ministry.

Elder Newbie: Yeah, I wonder why that is? Whenever I see them out in FS, they're always together. But he always gets 10-11 hours a month and she only puts in 3 or 4.

Elder Rose-Colored-Glasses: Well, don't forget, he counts 4 hours for the family study.

Elder Newbie: But that still leaves them about 4 hours apart.

Me (screaming inside): ARE YOU FRIKKIN' MORONS TRULY THIS CLUELESS?!?

They only go out a couple of Saturdays a month. He counts 4 hours for Family Study and he FLUFFS his hours BIG-TIME because he wants a MS or Elder badge. Net result: 11 hours/month.

She, OTOH, is super-conscientious about what she turns in, having no aspirations of "reaching out" since she lacks the all-important "Y" chromosome. Net result: 3 hours/month, even though they each went to the same number of doors together.

Of course, in order to appear "reasonable", comments like these must be kept to oneself.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit