this makes me sick

by burningbridges 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You might have your turn come Christmas time. All you have to do is take the children to everything to do with Christmas. Decorate the house for Christmas, and do so to the hilt. Teach the children to sing Christmas carols (and I hope they embarrass the spouse that brings them to the Kingdumb Hell by singing Christmas carols during the boasting sessions). Get them all keyed up with presents and the whole nine yards.

What that will accomplish is hopefully make them appreciate Christmas. I hope they will be ranting about Christmas all through January and February, and that will make the other children jealous. And more of them will start pestering their parents about it next year--and hopefully, they will all stop going to boasting sessions at all.

• Ima Apostate
    Ima Apostate

Burning,

I am sick for you. As a mother to two little girls (9 and 4), I think I know how you feel. What JWs make their kids do to gain others approval is wrong and sick. At 2 1/2, no matter how smart or articulate your daughter is, she has NO concept of God, eternity, the Bible... He is whispering in her ear what to say.

Since I have formed my own beliefs about God I no longer allow my parents to take my kids to the KH occasionally. Really it was all about getting them "gussied up" in the nicest dresses and showing them off to their friends. Makes me sick to think I ever let them go.

Why don't you either go to a Unitarian church or just lie and say you are attending a church so the judge will keep your daughter from going there? It burns me that he is allowed to do that.

Best of luck with the divorce. Your ex-husband sounds like a real card.

Ima

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit