Resoltions at the cong

by Iwonder17 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

So last night, our cong asked us to pass a resolution.

What I noticed was, the elder reads the resoltion and then asks for everyone in favor, WHILE HE IS LOOKING DOWN.

All of the dubs just raise their hands, and before even looking up, th elder says, Ok, we'll approve this and send it off.

What a joke !! Why even bother. Just make the rules and tell them people, don't give them the illusion that they have a say in the matter

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

What was the resolution about?

• wobble
    wobble

I often wonder if this is legal,don't they have to ask if any are against ,because some abstain,but how can they claim they have a majority in favour,and what about absentees?

Just another borg joke,as you say why bother?

Wobble

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

It is indeed a big joke. These so called resolutions, who would actually vote against them?!

Can you imagine what would happen to the person that voted against anything?!

A JC that very night probably.

F**kers.

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

I can't say as I don't want to blow my cover, then they would know that I am in a Rhode Island congregation...OOPPS...there goes some of my cover

• blondie
    blondie

On some occasions, I have seen men and women question respectfully. On some occasions I have seen a resolution obviously not be passed. The elders can railroad something through too.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I saw through this farce shortly after I joined the cult. No one ever opposed a "resolution". I made it a point to abstain from every resolution after I realized that. An elder asked me why I always abstained and I told him that I prefer to vote with my wallet. If I don't agree with how money is spent then I don't donate.

I never donated.

W

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Funny that you said that, last night was the first time that I ever obstained and I think that going forward I will continue that trend.

Obviously my "vote" doesn't count anyways, so why both raising my hand like the rest of the drones

• yknot
    yknot

I have a policy of rejection.......I haven't aye'd a resolution since 1983.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I remember once when a brother, who had been booted as an elder (family not in "submission") questioned The Crooklyn Publishing Company edicts. There was a resolution and Ralph stood up and started "I respectfully have a few questions; specifically why is the congregation responsible for ...." Ralph was ushered into the library that night immediately after the song, and Ralph was no longer an usher on Sunday. Ralph was permanently on the shit list. Some of the elders even stopped visiting Ralph and getting free haircuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit