Contempt before investigation

by JK666 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• amama2six
    amama2six

When I first read the title of this thread I thought it was about how the Elders (and others in the congregation who may have heard rumors) treat people who are suspected of "sin" before an investigation and decision are even made. CONTEMPT.

But about Maddie's thread...I agree that some weren't very nice. I had much respect for those that were simply happy for her and her newfound peace, though. Who cares where it comes from as long as it's THERE?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JK666,

So let me tell you that you are full of yourself. If it smells like bovine excrement, that is what it is!

Do you wish your opinions counted with me JK666? Sorry to dissapoint you, but they do not.

As usual, judging from your Board clutter today, it seems that you are full of booze again. Go to bed and sleep it off.

HS

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

{{{{{{{{{{JK666 & HS}}}}}}}}}}

W

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    I do not have an opinion either way

ahuh sure.

Who cares where it comes from as long as it's THERE?

some JWs have this 'peace' too ... guess it doesn't matter then.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I agree with JK... there was no reason for some to get base or banal with their comments... except for the fact that they are still in pain themselves. For anyone to react so strongly and adversely to someone's happiness and healing... well... that's some pretty deep hurtin' goin' on.

I think that Maddie handled it beautifully. I know (from the way she worded her post) that she knew she would get adverse replies, but she was brave and healthy enough to post it anyway. Bravo and deep love to you, Maddie.

JK's quote was really very nice... it is something that I have examined in my own life,reactions, and mind... if I knee-jerk and even think something hurtful, I have to ask myself why? Why do I have a "block" to this possibility, this potential knowledge? If I do not keep an open mind, I am as dead... sorry, kids, we all spent way too much time in that "thinking is verboten" atmosphere, and I thought we were all glad to be rid of it.

I will end with one of my favorite quotes, by Albert Einstein: "Imagination is more important than knowledge." It is not what we know, it is what we are open to imagining that keeps us progressing in this life.

Love to all, (nay-sayers included),
    Baba.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Well I guess I should have been more specific...as long as it DOESN'T HURT ANYONE ELSE what does it matter where you get your peace?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ahhhh Hillary, as soon as I saw Nvr's post on the other thread, I have to admit that I thought the same thing about his one.

As far as the original post and holy spirit, if someone invites the lot of us into their personal life, then I would think they should be prepared for the reactions. Seems to me she was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit