BIGGEST SCANDAL OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

I really believe this is one of the huge scandals of the WTBTS. To start, I just posted on the friends topic, a thread on the 07 circuit assembly. I received replys that made me think of how if children could not be bapticed, how that alone could have blunted some of the disfunction in our lives. Come to find out, disfellowshiping is infact a legal instrument. How are children held to legalities when they are minors? The AWNSER is they can not be! And the ELDERS KNOW IT! What are your takes on this. Am I missing something?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

The problem is that the government and courts aren't willing to address internal religious functions. Not unless they see blatant criminal abuse.

Courts won't rule against shunning since the CLAIM is that it's a bible based teaching. But I wonder if any shunning of minors has ever gone to court. That might be a new angle.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

That would be hard.

They can legislate that I shouldn't yell at Susie, or call her a !%#@, or even some ethnic slur, but they can't legislate that I must love her, or be cordial to her, or even speak to her.

• yknot
    yknot

The WTS in the past has tried to link JW minor baptism with FS slips as an adult....as showing that a person understood the agreement.....but it is shaky a best.

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

Well, not that they have to love the child, but that they can not make a public statement about a child being no longer in the organization. That should be void. How can someone who has no ability to make a choice,(Example: get a job to leave home) be held accountable for making a decision to be a baptised witness. There are to many restrictions from the state(for me its California) to suggest that a child chooses willfully to be a witness just becauce they are baptised. Choices made by children should have no bearing on legal instruments(Levitical Law). Therefore any public stance against an individual's behavior as a minor should be in fact .....ILLEGAL

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

What do you mean by FS slip ups.........Faithful Slave slip ups?

• moshe
    moshe

20 years ago I sent Brooklyn a letter annulling my JW membership on the grounds that they had used fraud to obtain my membership. They deliberately concealed their past history of failed prophecies in their study books. Had I know about 1925, Beth Sarim, pyramidology and the real truth about 1914 I would have never gotten baptized. Later the elders invited me to several meetings - I declined, explaining that they had no jurisdiction over me any longer.

The end result was they still announced me as DF'd at the KH. The WT is only concerned about legal justice when it suits their agenda and benefits their Corporation.

• amama2six
    amama2six

This is a REALLY good point! I left at 18 so technically my baptism at 9 should be null and void since I left as soon as I became a legal adult.

For the person that mentioned the law not being able to force a person to love someone else (ie a parent to love their child)...I don't really think this is the point. The DFing that took place against a child (or upon their reaching legal adulthood) should be publicly revoked in the congregation and an announcement made that the person is no longer to be viewed as DFed but instead viewed as if they had never been baptized at all.

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

mamaof6(I still feel funny calling you that!...lol) I am glad that you sent a reply on this. I thought of what you mentioned in my 07 CA topic. But to me this really seems quite obvious to me that they actually can not do this legally. Also the fact, and I did not think of it until it was posted, that they don't mention their past makes them a bit devious as well. Illegal and devious.....something tells me a jury of my peers would judge the WTBTS GUILTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• yknot
    yknot

The act of turning in time slips as an adult constituting agreement as an adult the validity & acceptance of the baptism.

Again shaky....but would scare off some would be nullifyers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit