JWs insensitivity to human tragedies

by behemot 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

How many Kingdom Halls had "Food Drives" to gather supplies for Katrina victims? Clothes? Medical? Money donations?

Ours sure didn't. The only thing we were asked to do is open our homes to the Jehovah's Witnesses that were affected. No one else.

Is this just an isolated case? Surely, not all Kingdom Halls ignored the needs for Katrina victims by supplying aid?

Anyone?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Keep the organization or cult clean, clean , clean

This organization is insensitive and apathetic to humanity in general

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

When I was a teenager in the 1980s I remember my mother's reaction to the chemical disaster in Bhopal, India. She said, "Did any Witnesses die?". She didn't care that thousands of people died. They were "worldly" so they didn't matter. She was only interested in the number of JW casualties.

I knew this attitude was wrong and disturbingly sinful. This is one of most important reasons I left mentally long before I vacated the Kingdom Hall.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

What most annoys me is how JWs refuse to acknowledge that they even believe that 99% of the world's population will be killed by Jehovah in Armageddon. There was a brochure that came out a few years ago designed to give a sanitized version of who JWs are. I forget the name of it. It has a chart will major beliefs. It specifically says that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that non-JWs will be killed in Armageddon. The reason they give for it is that only Jehovah can judge people. Therefore, JWs cannot say who will or will not be destroyed. What a crock of shite!

Let's put the dots together. JWs believe that only the great crowd will survive Armageddon and the great crowd is composed only of loyal JWs, so how is it that they don't teach that all non-JWs will die in Armageddon? It's an example of the worst kind of deception and wordplay, and it's available for all to see.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

This cult sucks the humanity out of people.

Bangalore

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I remember going to the first meeting after 911 and no one said a word about it. I thought the mood would be a little somber, no, it was business as usual It's like they are a bunch of robots. The first time it came up was as a tool to jam more 192 page books down the householder's throats! NMKA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit