New book for BS?

by Uncertain 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

I took my old books to my Small Group at church for show and tell last week. The bookmark fell out of Climax and I saw that this is the last week for that study. What book are they using next? And will it be the last one or will a book actually be studied twenty minutes at a time come January?

BTW, I also took them a copy of my first posts on here and the one showing how I made my decision not to be Dub-dunked. Someone there asked if they could use my comments as a basis to start a talk with JWs they may meet. They were impressed with how much help is available here and at how much help is needed to leave the cult. Planting seeds ...

• yknot
    yknot

The book is 2006 DC release Live with Jehovah's Day in Mind starting week of Aug 4th - Feb 16th.

The change will take place at the stroke of midnight New Years Day.. I believe it will be 25 minutes.

It can also be 'heard' on MP3 at jw.org

• Quandry
    Quandry

I hope after the next book they decide to study the Revelation Climax book again, just to make sure everyone got the new light down pat from the old light they studied so many times previously....

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

After the Jehovah's Day book, they will be doing the book that was released at the convention (I forgot the name of it). Except it will be at the new Congregation Bible Study.

• yknot
    yknot

I will PM you both the 2007 and 2008 releases......

• wobble
    wobble

Interesting that they don't seem to be planning to study the "Follow The Christ" book,could it be because if Dubs actually start to follow the Christ they will walk away as quickly as possible from the false mediator the GB?

Love,

Wobble

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

Thanks, Ynot. I don't promise to study every day but it will be interesting to see.

Wobble, I wondered about Follow the Christ as well. I think it's their fallback if pushed to display true Christianity. In other words, they don't really want to go there. I didn't even go over that one with the group. They get the idea of "never reading a bible verse" so as to not be mislead by taking stuff out of context. They were amazed at the FDS, and astounded to see me out of my usual jeans and tshirt and in full Dub regailia instead. Except I refused to wear heels. And I didn't knock...

There were requests for the Reasoning book as well. I said check second hand stores and yard sales. I'm not sure the 1989 copy that I have is still available at a Hall, ther's lots of old light in it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And it will just be another way of telling everyone to put their lives on permanent hold, waste their time going out in field circus, and not to let up for the next 4-5 billion years.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I remember when they emphasised how important the book study was when the great tribultion was going to happen because that's where you were supposed to meet when the shit hit the fan.

I spoke recently to a sister who is like 90 on the phone because ive always asked brothers should we store food to prepare for the tribulation and she was the first one who said yes you should. The others i guess are expecting Mana to fall out of the sky!

I got a little off but There should be some new light next year.

Stay Tuned!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit