I did it......I finally took my Christmas tree down.

by AWAKE&WATCHING 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

It was left up to make up for lost time, plus I thought I might get an elder's visit and wanted them to see it long after the season if they showed up. Only four months and I can put it back up! :-)

• llbh
    llbh

You should have left it up

David

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

Merry Christmas!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

ha ha ha I don't know why this is soo freaking funny to me, ahh thats great! I have an image in my head of a old dead christmas tree with-out needles and dusty lights and presents wrapped in old watchtower covers.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

That's funny. Funnier than the two decoration that I still have sitting on a high-up window sill.

I was looking at them yesterday and thinking I should climb up and grab them. Then I realized that the year is more than half over and by November I'd just be putting them back up their. If I tried to get them and then slipped and hurt my ankle or knee AGAIN, I'd be too angry with myself for words.

So up they stay.

-Dneise.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I have been told(lovingly)that it is a sign of mental illness. :-) I decided it wouldn't hurt to put it back up in a few months, they're are some things I want to change. Some of the decorations belong to my daughter who is no longer living with me. I'll probably have to get new lights anyway.

It's definitely been a hoot to see how people react to a summer Christmas tree.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Well, you are my kind of person! My dear husband indulges me in almost every aspect, but he really gets upset that I cry every New Year's Day while taking down the Christmas decorations.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Jaime, You take your tree down New Years day? We wait till after 3 Kings day (Jan 6) so we get another week of christmas :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit