New Tract Campaign 0ct/Nov

by Gladring 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Gladring
    Gladring

There is a new tract campaign starting the end of october 08. The title of the tract is "Do you Want to Know the Truth". You can't make this stuff up! Focus is to be on starting bible studies.

• sir82
  • justhuman
    justhuman

I JUST LOVE THOSE CAMPAIGNS....

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Well,

if asked that question, my answer is yes.

But then, the awkward attempted segue to THEIR truth.

Nahhhhhh.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had a look at one of those crapts on a pdf file, and there is no way in hell that I could ever start a Washtowel study out of one of those wastes of paper.

This is what I think the breakdown is going to be per 10,000 wastes of paper placed: About 8,000 of them are going to end up in the garbage unread. Many will be shredded or otherwise destroyed. Of the 2,000 remaining, perhaps 1800 will research online and not like what they find about the witlesses, or go to their own church (or the Bible itself), and leave it at that.

Now, of the 200 left, I bet that 195 of those are going to waste the witlesses' gas and time by taking a couple of calls only to do some independent research and realize that it is all a scam. The five left might accept a book and study out of that, but every single one of them will either peter out (not at home, not prepared, etc.), discontinue the study, or simply bumble along and never do anything. Effectively, there is only about a 1% chance of getting one in 10,000 wastes of paper placed to result in an unbaptized publisher. That is about one publisher per million wastes of paper. And, most of those are simply going to go on to become apostates or get disfellowshipped.

Just another waste of time.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Tract campaigns are a waste. The society knows it, but they also know it serves a distinct purpose.

It keeps the r&f busy at a minimal cost. Tracts are much cheaper that watchtowers and books. They know most of the literature is wasted. Buat atleast tracts are only four pages instead of a 32 page wt or a 192 page book.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Maybe the get back to playing an mp3 at the doors like the gramophones in Rutherford's days. ;-)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Maybe the get back to playing an mp3 at the doors like the gramophones in Rutherford's days. ;-)

The r&f would be thrilled to do that. It'd get the doors slammed hard in their faces, even more than usual!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Tract campaigns are the Society's version of team rallies. The actual results are inconsequential.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

It's marketing, people. If you study marketing, when companies send unsolicited flyers or advertisements out through the mail, they only expect 0.7% response from that mailing. If they send out a million flyers, they may only get 700 responses out of that, and they consider that a good turnaround. So, if 1,000,000 tracts get distributed, roughly 700 people might respond. If the campaign is really shitty, they might get 200 studies, which is all gravy to the organization, because that equates to 2 new congregations contributing money to the WTBTS monthly, and 200 more people providing free labor to bring in more converts. It's a winner for them! If just one person joins the org., then it's a winner! Think of all the free labor and donations they will get just from that one person over the years. I have a stack of tracts at home. I use them to start my fireplace. See? Even I have a use for them, so it's all good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit