Your Favorite 1960's Music Groups/ Singers / Songs ?

by flipper 23 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Although I was just a kid pre-teens in the 1960's - still because of having older brothers and sisters I listened to some 60's music as well ! My favorite groups of the 1960's were probably like many with a few off beat selections . Here they are :

Groups :

1. The Beatles

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Moody Blues ( late 60's )

4. The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

5. Grass Roots

Songs I liked :

Beatles :

Eleanor Rigby

A Day in the Life

I Want You ( She's so Haevy )

We Can Work it Out

Across the Universe

Helter Skelter

Rolling Stones :

Satisfaction

Gimme Shelter

Jumping Jack Flash

Paint it Black

Mother's Little Helper

Anyway- you get the drift ! So what were some of your favorite songs and musicians of the 1960's and singers too ? It should be interesting as rock music was really developing in somewhat earlty stages then ! So as always, I look forward to your comments and thoughts ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• megs
    megs

I loved 60's music!!! I wasn't born til' 1970, but I've always liked older music... Love the Beatles, have all their records! I like Cliff Richard, he was never popular in North America, but I like him a lot... I had a crush on Ricky Nelson... The Animals, The Monkees, The Hollies, Simon & Garfunkle, The Guess Who...

Fave Songs: In My Life, House of the Rising Sun, Daydream Believer, He Ain't Heavy, Cecilia, These Eyes, Bridge Over Troubled Water.

SOO Many great songs!!!

• rocketman
    rocketman

I was also a pre-teen through the 60s, but I think that decade's music was the best ever. So many great songs, and Motown was great too. I wouldn't know where to begin as far as naming my favorites.

• flipper
    flipper

MEGS- I really liked the Animals a lot ! Have their best of CD collection ! House of the Rising Sun was awesome !

ROCKETMAN- Yes , the 60's really was a transformational period where a lot of experimentation was going on ! I really enjoyed that time period too ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

I saw the Moody Blues in concert 3 times over the years between 1988 and 1994 ! They were still playing good , even being a 60's group ! Saw Paul McCartney in 2005 for my birthday ! My son treated me to that concert ! Best concert I ever went to ! So old guys from the 1960's can still play good ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Beatles, The Stones, The Who; Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac; Simon and Garfunkel; Pink Floyd; The Animals; The Moody Blues

• flipper
    flipper

STILLAJWEXELDER- Good group picks ! You and I have very similar tastes in music ! Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac was really good as well ! Loved his bluesy style ! Beatles, Rolling Stones, Moody Blues- all big in my book too ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• leavingwt
  • flipper
  • flipper
    flipper

LEAVING WATCHTOWER- Sam Cooke was really good. My wife and I like his singing a lot. Very smoooth voice ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit