Your Favorite 1970's Music Groups/ Singers/ Songs ?

by flipper 66 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

In the 1970's I was a teenager. I wasn't that big into disco- although I enjoyed KC and the Sunshine Band as well as Earth, Wind, and Fire. But my really big love in music was always rock n' roll, blues , stuff like that ! So these were the groups and songs I liked in the 1970's !

Groups & Singers

1. Led Zeppelin

2. Pink Floyd

3. Jethro Tull

4. Neil Young

5. ZZ Top

Songs I liked

1. Anything Led Zeppelin-

Stairway to Heaven

Babe , I'm Gonna Leave You

Kashmir

2. Pink Floyd-

Comfortably Numb

Time

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Have a Cigar

Anyway- You get the picture ! So what were your favorite groups and songs of the 1970's ?? Look forward to hearing from you ! All u-tubes definitely welcome and appreciated ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• four candles
    four candles

Deep Purple were the band of the 70's,with albums like 'Machine Head' and 'Stormbringer'.

Also....

Focus....The Enid....Emerson,Lake and Palmer,....Rush,.....Genesis,.....Budgie,....Black Sabbath.

Oh,and musn't forget Mud,Slade,Sweet,Glitter Band,Rubettes,.........he he.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

There was music in the 70s???

• flipper
    flipper

FOUR CANDLES- I really liked Rush, Genesis, and Emerson , Lake and Palmer as well ! I have lots of their music too !

SPAGHETTI MAN - Yes my young friend - there was definitely music in the 1970's ! Actually was stuff not called disco ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Oy...I'll have to come back to this when I can do more than hunt & peck!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    2. Pink Floyd-

Comfortably Numb

wrong decade methinks....

genesis yes pink floyd queen elton bruuuuuuce

• flipper
    flipper

SIR NOSE- Yes, come back when you pick some songs out !

TIMJKO- Yes you are right on the " Comfortably Numb " song. It actually was 1980 when Pink Floyd released " The Wall" with that song on it. But I figured most all of Floyd's stuff was 1970's so I got lazy and posted that song in there as well. I stand corrected

• kazar
    kazar

Lulu - Oh Me Oh My (I'm a Fool for You Baby)

I think this was in the early '70's -- not positive.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Fleetwood Mac - and if you ask about 1960s group they would still feature - just loved their bluesy style in the 60s - Dragon Fly, Black Magic Woman etc -but 1970s brougth us the Album Rumors

• flipper
    flipper

KAZAR- I think I remember that song from Lulu.

STILLA JWEXELDER- Fleetwood Mac was and is a great group ! I think Lindsay Buckingham's guitar really drives the group ! Rumours was a classic album ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit