Scan Requests! Plz hlp.

by Darklighter 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

I've made up my mind... Even though the odds of success don't bode well (this is sadly due to her extremely strong familial connections and NOT super-loyalty to the org.), I'm going to try to get my wife out by showing her my huge stack of Watchtower lies, false prophecy, and idiocy. I just need to complete my documentation on 607 bce with some good research from the local library, but that's not where I need help. It's with a few Golden Age articles. for some reason those are really hard to find... but I swear, Rutheford is the best thing that ever happened to apostates! If he wasn't the embodiement of a cult leader, nothing is!

Any way... I was hoping to get some scans of:

• The famous "air bath" recommendation. (Not sure where)
    • The anti-semetic 'Vile Journal of the AMA' quote. (Not sure where)
    • The "Negros are a race of servants" article. (July 1909 pg. 702)

Also it's not from the Golden Age but I was also hoping to track down:

• A scan of the 193? year book that attempted to placate the Nazis.

Any help is much appreciated!

DL

P.S.: You all don't know what a help you've been to me. I don't have much time to post, but I always find good help and info when I find time to lurk here. Just wanted to say "thanks".

Maybe once I'm out, I'll be able to put in some community service and help others with some of the research that I've done, the same way you all have helped me even if you didn't know it.. If you don't remember me, you can check my first post here where I briefly explained my situation... I'll try to keep you all updated.

• yknot
    yknot
  • The famous "air bath" recommendation. (Not sure where)
  • The anti-semetic 'Vile Journal of the AMA' quote. (Not sure where)
  • The "Negros are a race of servants" article. (July 1909 pg. 702)
  • I am sorry but I don't have the scan but can point to which scans to request. Research Applications does have GA CD but it only goes back to 1932...... http://www.researchapplications.org/HTML%20pages/products.html

"Air baths are good for preventing colds. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for awhile."
    GA 2/10/1926 p.310.......

"The Journal of the A.M.A. is the vilest sheet that passes the United
    States mail.... Nothing new and useful in theraputics escapes its unqualified
    condemnation. Its attacks are generally ad hominem. Its editorial columns are
    largely devoted to character assasination.... Its editor (Morris Fishbein) is
    of the type of Jew that crucified Jesus Christ." ("The Golden Age," Sept.26,
    1934)

...the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the black race. Certain it is that when Noah said, "Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren," he pictured the future of the Colored race. They have been and are a race of servants, but now in the dawn of the twentieth century, we are all coming to see this matter of service in its true light and to find that the only real joy in life is in serving others; not bossing them. There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world (The Golden Age, July 24, 1929: 702).....again I do not have this scan

A scan of the 193? year book that attempted to placate the Nazis

Again RA has the yearbooks on CD ( I think you are thinking about 1933)......I know they talked about it in the 1974 yearbook...(on the 2007 WT CD)

BTW Rutherford began singing a different tune toward the Jews in 1929's "Life"..... I have a copy if you want me to PM it to you.

google : Konrad Franke for more WTS /Nazi stories.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Question: Is there anything in the Bible that reveals the origin of the Negro? Answer: It is generally believed that the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the Black race. Certain it is that when Noah said, "Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren," he pictured the future of the Colored race. They have been and are a race of servants, but now in the dawn of the twentieth century, we are all coming to see this matter of service in its true light and to find that the only real joy in life is in serving others; not bossing them. There is no servant in the world a good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world. Golden Age-1929-July-24-p.702 (I will try to get some of those other scans you need. Running to get some iced-tea!)

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

(Credit goes to jwfiles)

Click the little "blue" buttons for scans!

Taught the White race was superior, and Blacks could change to White in the “New System”.

1. Zion’s Wt, 10/1/1900, pg 2706, reprint, Though once as black as charcoal, the Rev. Mr. Draper is now white. His people say that his color was changed in answer to prayer.
    2. Zion’s Wt, 7/15/1902, pg 3043, reprint, While it is true that the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other, we are to remember that there are wide differences in the same Caucasian (Semitic and Arvan) family...
    3. Zion’s Wt, 2/15/1904, pg 3320, reprint, How can all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided. God can change the Ethiopian’s skin in his own due time.
    4. The Golden Age,7/24/1929, pg 702, ...when Noah said, "Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren," he pictured the future of the Colored race.

N.

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

Atlantis! You're wonderful!!! Honestly, that was probably the one I was most hopeful to get, and you came through! Man i could've swore I checked JW Files... must've missed it.

That one is particularly useful because in the Oct 8 1977 Asleep! they mocked Catholics by saying,

"Even up to a hundred years ago the Catholic Church held the view that blacks were cursed by God."

And then again in Feb 8 1982 Asleep! they said,

"Have the churches of Christendom always treated everyone on the same basis? ... For centuries the Catholic Church taught that Negroes were a cursed race."

LESS THAN a hundred years ago they were teaching the same thing! The Catholics got rid of that teaching before the WT did but they use it show that the Catholics must not be the "true religion" ... oh, the hypocrasy.

OH, and Yknot I've already got the "Life" .pdf but I appreciate the offer, and thanks for posting the exact issues that I needed. I'm at work right now and didn't have time to track down the exact refrence locations. So thanks again!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1934 Yearbook-pp.134-135 Did the Watchtower Society find fault with the United States? Did the Watchtower Society agree with the German Government when Hitler was in power? "Such is exactly our position." N.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

A.M.A. quote.

The Golden Age-1934-September-26-p.807

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

Oh wow... Atlantis... Thank you so very much. Hopefully soon my wife will be thanking you as well.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If I were to print these scans and show the dub family, I am sure that they would giggle at the silliness of the words , and say that it was many years ago and The Society has moved on since then...Indeed . perhaps Awake articles are not intended as doctrine? I can remember 20/30 years ago they warned against the dangers of micro wave cookers just as they were getting popular in the UK .

Does it matter ? It would not matter if they did not claim to be different to all other publications. They claim that what they write is "Spirit directed" They say that they speak for God himself..What if the local dub openly speaks against the teachings? We all know the answer..

They then have a dilemma. If they want us to view things as harmless mistakes, fashioned by the thinking of the day, then 'yes' I can do that..but I cannot then view their writings as anything more than human and prone to error - thus I will retain my own judgement and not swallow theirs.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Thank you for these scans. It makes since that the WT would down play older publications. And these erroneous ideas were printed after "Christ's inspection"? Yeah, right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit