Is the preaching work one of Jesus' warnings of "great signs and wonders"?

by truthseeker 6 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

There have been recent comments on the forum about JWs saying that because they preach in all the inhabited earth, they are God's chosen organization.

When I was first fading and heard this comment, I was momentarily taken back. What if I'm wrong? Who else is doing the preaching work? Are JWs the only one's spreading the gospel?

I read Matthew 24 more closely and observed that Jesus warned there would be those who would perform "great signs and wonders"

One of these "great signs and wonders" could well be the worldwide preaching work of Jehovah's Witnesses. Why?

1.) Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT preach the gospel. They preach a false gospel; that in order to survive Armaggedon you have to be a baptized member of their religion.

2.) All Jehovah's Witnesses MUST report their preaching work to their book study overseer using a field ministry slip. This was not a pre-requisite according to Jesus' ministry. When Jesus sent out the 70 disciples, they came back and gave Jesus a verbal report on what they achieved, not a WRITTEN ACCOUNT of their activity. The account in the Bible merely informs us that their preaching work was successful.

3.) Jehovah's Witnesses do not use the Bible as their first and foremost introductory aid to Christianity - they PRIMARILY use the WATCHTOWER and AWAKE publications, which are their own interpretations of the Bible and are authorised by the leadership of the "faithful and discreet slave" and NOT authorized by Jesus Christ.

4.) Jehovah's Witnesses have consistently taught what is known as "present truth" throughout the 80 years of their door-to-door work. Present truth has no solid foundation, no permanent fixtures, but can change with the wind. Their doctrinal flip-flops, coverups and theocratic warfare are on the world wide web for all to see.

Jehovah's Witnesses are UNIQUE in their preaching work, and for the most part it has reached 232 lands - but this is one of the signs that Jesus talked about, "a great wonder" - this sign would have to be observed by millions to reach this "wonder" status.

Matthew 24:23-26

23 If anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There he is!' do not believe it.

24 For ( AN ) false christs and ( AO ) false prophets will arise and ( AP ) perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

25 See, ( AQ ) I have told you beforehand.

26 So, if they say to you, 'Look, ( AR ) he is in the wilderness,' do not go out. If they say, 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

When such a fuss was made over The M.A.N. presses, I thought of that very Scripture.

Sylvia

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

What should have also been added to Matt. 24:26 is that if they say he is in the organization do not believe them or fear them.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Interesting points. I agree.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I BELIEVE IT WAS A SIGN IN THE EARLY CHRISTAINS DAY AND WAS FULLFILLED BEFORE THE END CAME IN 70C.E. THE WTS CANNOT FULLFILL ANYTHING BECAUSE APOSTATES ARE RUNNING THAT ORGANIZATION.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good points.

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

What my wife(DFed JW) told me is the reason why they have records for field service is if a JW gets DFed and looking to get reinstated in a different congregation, and proof to the "worldly government" that they are indeed preaching the word so they cannot go to war.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit