No one else fulfills the preaching of Matt 24:14

by passwordprotected 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

At the beginning of Matthew 24, Christ warns his disciples against listening to people who are pointing to physical calamities such as wars and earthquakes as being signs of his return.

Doug

• Mary
    Mary
    Quite how JWs defend the insistence on using such an outdated way of reaching people is puzzling. Oh, wait. They say it was the apostolic method, so they need to follow the 1st C example.

Do they also greet each other with a holy kiss? Have the Witnesses asked the Jews if they can preach their message in the Synogogues? Why do the Witnesses carry a case loaded with their literature? First century Chrisitans never had any such thing. Why do Witnesses stop for a coffee-breaks on Saturday mornings? Hmmm.......doesn't sound to me like the way the Witnesses preach, resembles first century Christianity at all.

So while other Christian ministries use television, radio and the internet to preach the good news, JWs dismiss their efforts because they don't teach truth.

They've actually regressed when it comes to their preaching methods. Wasn't the "Photo-drama of Creation" done with cutting edge technology that was almost unheard of back then? Didn't Rutherfraud go on the radio to speak in the 20's and 30's? They were actually more 'ahead of their time' 70 - 100 years ago than what they are now.

Why don't they, if they have this true message of the good news (often called a 'warning message' - search the gospels for that little nugget. Yes, Jesus came to warn people about the kindliness of his yoke), drop the door-to-door ministry and get the TV transmitters wired up, get the YouTube account created, get the radio stations back up and running? Or could there be another reason as to why they insist on the apostolic method of fulfilling Matt 24:14? Is there something they don't want people to know?

It's two-fold and has nothing to do with the rank and file JW. It's all about control from the top. First of all, they'll never get rid of the door to door method of preaching, not because it shows results, but because they do not want 6.5 million people to have too much time on their hands. That is one of the rules of any cult: Keep the members so busy, they don't have time to stop and think. The fact that TV, the internet, and the radio would be a far more effective way of preaching matters not at all.

As for your question: Is there something they don't want people to know?" The answer is: Yes. With information so readily available on the internet now, ex-Witnesses can expose to people around the world, the bizarre "meatier" doctrines of the WTS-----doctrines that they like to hide from potential new converts. Because if a newly interested person, who might enjoy the love-bombing they get when they first enter the Hall, was to know that Jesus isn't really their mediator, or that they better be prepared to watch their children die instead of being able to accept a transfusion if it was necessary, or that they are not allowed to ask questions later on, even if they have proof that some of the doctrines are completely false, then who in their right mind would join such a cult?

This is further evidenced by the fact that there are now two different Watchtowers: The la-la-land one for public consumption and the secret one that only Witnesses are supposed to have access to. I will assume this was perhaps done because "worldly" people who actually read the Craptower magazine in days gone by, were probably horrified to read the statements about how you could no longer associate with your own flesh and blood if they were disfellowshipped and not living under your own roof. Once again, who the hell in their right minds would join such a cult? The Society does not want this information to be in the public forum lest it embarass them and make them look like a bunch of calculating, unfeeling, assholes. Which of course, they are.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Good thread.

Mary hit the nail on the head there...

They don't want to be so exposed - so they preach one on one and try to deceive the public into thinking they're a "normal" religion.

Sirona

• StAnn
    StAnn
    I have personally rebutted that opinion by stating, with accuracy, that many Christians have a gospel ministry and manage to reach hundreds of millions of people across the planet with their message.

The typical JW rebuttal takes the following shape;
    - but they've never called on my door

Uh, maybe people did call on their doors and the JWs weren't home!

I've had the Mormons come to my door.

I've had baptists come to my door.

I've lived here for 1 1/2 years and have yet to have a JW knock on my door. I'm a stay at home mother! I'd be home if they came! Are they that far behind in working their territory?

Catholics go door to door. They have a group called Legion of Mary that goes door to door.

JWs throw all of this "evidence" of their superiority out there so as to distract people from the insanity of their "message." Surely, if they're fulfilling bible principles by preaching door to door, it overrides the content of what they're preaching about, right?

Cognitive dissonance in action.

StAnn

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

heres the two paragraphes he was refering to from that 64 watchtower: (i believe this is what he was refering to...)

If you do not want to be exploited by selfish, wolflike men masquerading as sheeplike Christians, men who suavely discourage you from making a thorough study of God’s Word, why not associate with those who demonstrate a deep love for the written Word, and who are regularly studying it and applying its precepts in their lives? Shun the company of those who have dethroned Christ Jesus in their lives and set up in his place their own imperfect opinions. The fruits of your own beliefs need to be examined often, for they should harmonize with the attitudes and actions of your Master, Christ Jesus. "Keep testing whether you are in the faith, keep proving what you yourselves are," is the advice of the Scriptures.—2 Cor. 13:5.

You do not want to become prey to unscrupulous men who will only use you for the advancement of their own power and position, and without any regard for your eternal welfare and happiness. So check the credentials of those who come on the basis of Christ’s name, or who claim to be Christian teachers, and, if they do not prove to be authentic, then by all means obey the Lord’s warning: "Do not go after them." Rather, seek the safety of the true flock of God’s sheep.

burn

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

They dont want to hear that they arent the only ones preaching. We were told that over and over and over and WANTED to believe it because it gave us some kind of superiority. Never mind that other religions do what Jesus himself did, gathering large groups on hillsides and in towns to preach to them all at once (churches...what a concept! ) and then continuing to teach those who wanted to hear more. (and also not condemning those who walked away NOT wanting to hear more). 2000 years later we HAVE improved our means of communicating worldwide and to imply that one to one, house to house, (which doesnt happen at ALL...we all know this) is to say that God doesnt approve of any of the other means of communication out there. The days of sandwich boards, 78rpm records, megaphones and soap boxing are gone.

Its the God card..."well WE do it the way the APOSTLES did it so OURS is BETTER!" ok...so where is the proof? And no its NOT the fastest growing religion in the world.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

They dont want to hear that they arent the only ones preaching. We were told that over and over and over and WANTED to believe it because it gave us some kind of superiority. Never mind that other religions do what Jesus himself did, gathering large groups on hillsides and in towns to preach to them all at once (churches...what a concept! ) and then continuing to teach those who wanted to hear more. (and also not condemning those who walked away NOT wanting to hear more). 2000 years later we HAVE improved our means of communicating worldwide and to imply that one to one, house to house, (which doesnt happen at ALL...we all know this) is to say that God doesnt approve of any of the other means of communication out there. The days of sandwich boards, 78rpm records, megaphones and soap boxing are gone.

Its the God card..."well WE do it the way the APOSTLES did it so OURS is BETTER!" ok...so where is the proof? And no its NOT the fastest growing religion in the world.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Whatever the apostles did Jehovahs people are doing much greater works than they ever did. The important thing to remember is that it doesnt matter what any other religion accomplishes because only HUMBLE ones are being gathered to the shepherds pen in these last days. Yes HUMBLE ones. To be in the truth and to stay in the truth you have to be Humble and Jehovah, Jesus, and the angles are drawing only those types from mankind to survive the great day of wrath coming soon. Are You Humble?alt

• M.J.
    M.J.

The root issue here is that the JW is confusing the concept of Christianity with a specific implemented program of coercive pursuasion.

I'll give them this. As far as cults go, they are tops.

• sullengirl0108
    sullengirl0108

You know, I always found it real real interesting how they conduct the Ministry School and Service meetings. Like any sales meeting at any sales office, they have the same terms...keep positive, don't get into anything too heavy on the first few visits. Try and place a book and start a study without them actually knowing that you are doing that...because people are stupid (or so they think) I used to ask why we don't just tell people all about the religion up front so that they can make an informed decision before getting too involved. The answer? Well, we don't want to scare them. HA!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit