My wife became a US citizen yesterday!!!

by Dorktacular 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Thanks everybody.

The man who interviewed my wife and questioned her asked her a little bit about her story of comming to America and everything she had to go through. The man was actually in tears by the time my wife was finished telling him about it all. It's taken my wife 10 years from the time she applied for her original visa to come to the US until the time she finally received her citizenship yesterday. The woman who conducted the citizenship ceremony has been doing it for 25 years, and she still gets choked up and teary when she does it. That ceremony was one of the most moving things I've ever seen in my life.

• Carmel
    Carmel

From one who has had the privilage of living in America and traveling to twenty other countries in the world, America has many qualities and opportunities that no other country seems to have, yet there definately are other countries that have avoided some of the blunders of which we have to take ownership. Few countries have the crass materialism and self righteous attitude that plagues the American psychie. We've managed to lead the world in material persuits but often on the backs of millions of inhabitants of third world countries that just happen to have the resources we want and the dictators willing to do business with us. But, thankfully the awareness of that is gradually sinking in. There is hope yet for us! carmel

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

congratulations to your wife. I am so happy for both of you!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    It's taken my wife 10 years from the time she applied for her original visa to come to the US until the time she finally received her citizenship yesterday.

My sister in law just got her citizenship last month. It also took her 10 years from when she originally applied - and they wonder why people get frusterated and go the illegal route. I'm not making excuses....just saying I can see how one could lose patience with the bureaucracy. My sister in law came from China. She had to struggle to come here and to be able to stay.

Welcome to your wife and congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit