"don't worry everyone will get theirs at armagedon"

by milligal 9 Replies latest jw friends

• milligal
    milligal

This was written in a letter to me from one of my active JW brothers (biological brother). He was referencing the ex-husbands of myself and my other df'd sister, both of whom have been guilty of 'slipping under the radar' (an elder's words) by doing such silly things as getting arrested for spousal abuse and stealing a vehicle....they're both still in good standing. I digress, let me say that I was SHOCKED to hear from my brother. I have spoken to him twice in the last seven years, once at my younger brother's funeral and the other time five years later when our mother had a massive heart attack and called the entire family together.

He took it upon himself to write to me, out of the blue and try to save my soul (a sweet thought). After reading the letter I thought, 'it's almost more disturbing when they DO contact you, you get so used to being ignored'. After a flood of useless emotions I decided I'm going to respond and ask him this question:

"If everyone will get theirs at armagedon, why am I getting mine now?" (Referring to having my reputation savagely torn to shreds in the congregation, shunned by everyone I ever knew and having my oldest child put in the middle of a 'mommy's bad' roller coaster everytime he sees his dad....)

Thoughts?

• carla
    carla

everyone will get theirs at the big A? -- is that his message? Isn't that the real message of all jw's? How different from the message of Christ.

Sorry for the 'loving' letter he sent you, I guess in his weird twisted way that is how he can show you he is thinking about you. With friends & family like that who needs enemies?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I think we all are getting what we deserve now. each day we do something that will either benefit us or do us harm. If we choose to harm ourselves even in error, we pay a price. Why wait til the big A. Sounds sort of dumb to me...of course everyone will get theres by then...sheesh

• garybuss
    garybuss

The good thing about having Witness relatives is I always know who my enemies are. My enemies never contact me. They know better.

• amama2six
    amama2six

I agree it feels like I'm getting mine NOW...to heck with Armageddon!

( I hope I get a cookie. :D )

• sf
    sf

everyone will get theirs at the big A? -- is that his message? Isn't that the real message of all jw's?
    alt

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It seems if you read the bible and believe in a bible religion and take it seriously, there comes a time where you have to try to save people.

The only way you can motivate or save people is to scare them. If you dont do this, your gonna get it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if that means the waitresses at Starbucks are going to get destroyed just for not reading those waste of paper "tips" they get, and viewing the witlesses as being the truth on those things. And for not going out in field circus despite the potential or real hardships that doing so would involve.

It never occurs to the witlesses that there are other ways to live a decent life other than dragging people out in field circus that have no business being out there. Or, that doing their secular work could even be necessary for the witlesses to even be out there at all.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

This is just something that they tell themselves to keep sane (saner? you know what I mean!) when their internal "justice system" doesn't work and worldings seem to be having a relatively happy life. If they truly believed that, then why would wrong doing need to be reported to the elders???

Am

• milligal
    milligal

It's kind of double indemnity once you think about it. I mean if you are punished now by being df'd then why would God punish you again by killing you at armageddon? I know the argument they give about protecting the congregation, but ironically there are plenty of people still attending who are waiting on god's time to be ousted....(you know when you challenge the fairness of why you were df'd and someone more guilty than you was not, you are told that in god's time that person will be brought to justice). The congregation isn't protected from those folks.

I don't subscribe to their idea about morality anyway, but I find the logic so faulty that I wonder how I ever lived my life by it.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit