First human embreyo cloned

by OUTLAW 10 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The first human embreyo has been cloned.It was just on CNN...OUTLAW

• Jools j
    Jools j

not only that, here they are suggesting something akin to the virgin birth. i guess once in every two thousand years, eh?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/

• Seeker
    Seeker

Just a reminder: this may have been the first artificially-induced cloning of a human, but it is not the first human clone. Every time identical twins are born, we are witnessing human clones.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think it is awful ,"first human cloning" but Didnt God say
    "there is nothing they will not be able to do now"Thats why he cut us off from everlasting living( unless we worship the God of LOVE.0
    That why I believe he blocked the "tree of life". We have knowledge to do all God did except Reserect the dead. ( MY opinion)

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

In fact, this is not a "human cloning". It is the cloning of embryonic cells. As the chief exec. of ACT correctly points out "Scientifically, biologically, the entities we are creating are not individuals. They're only cellular life. They're not human life".

From a BBC report:

Dr Ian Wilmut, who led the team that produced Dolly the sheep clone at the Roslin Institute, Edinburgh, said the embryo created by Advanced Cell Technology (ACT) was not fully developed.

He said the embryo should have had 60 cells at the time ACT had reported that it had six, saying real progress would have involved the clone embryo being kept alive for seven days and dividing into 60 cells.

He said: "It's almost impossible to know how far off they could be (from creating usable stem cells) but there's nothing in this report to suggest that the technique could be made to work immediately."

So we needn't start jumping around worrying about Arnold Schwarzenegger movie scenarios just yet.

Expatbrit

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I, personally, could use a clone.
    One for housework, one for errands, etc.

Of course I would make sure they were genitically engineered so they wouldn't need sex or chocolate. I have no intention of sharing either my husband or Hershey's stash.

• Erich
    Erich

I repeat once more:

A very important question to WT:

What does the Holy Bible say about "cloning" ???
    Is it permitted or not?
    I demand an answer, please.

This question is TOOOO important to subdevide it to any kind of "blood"-questions, or "wait on Jehovah" etc.

This is a question of those type "scrolls were opened" (Rev. 20:12)

And I think it is very necessary to HAVE these new books and/or scrolls OPEN as soon as possible.
    Not tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or the day after armageddon: NO; AT ONCE !!!

Besides: There are hundredth of other scientific and technological questions waiting for an answer: Where is the WT ?? When the "householder" is arriving, does he find the faithful and discreet slave "sleeping" ??) Mat. 24:45

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Exbrit---for enlightning me. Your SO clever-you must have been a J.W at one time LOL

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump for Outlaw

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ha-Ha!..

Mouthy your a Sweetheart..

I almost missed this..

It`s 10yrs old..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+