Thinking of an method to get my wife to think about the organization.......

by insearchoftruth 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Am still trying to come to a course of action to deal with my wife and her renewed zeal for the WTS.

One new detail that I find interesting is she was assigned a sister to study with and the gal called somewhat early yesterday morning and my wife chewed her up and told her she does not want to study with her, she want so study with sister whatever. I am sure that the sister that called was somewhat taken aback by this.

I think a slant I may be able to use is the anointed/FDS since my wife really did not know anything about this and especially since she gave me the phone when she was talking to the first sister she knows and I asked her some questions and she confirmed that they were one in the same as well as how people can fall from being anointed by not be 'faithful'. I asked her how many made up the anointed, she did not know, I have been provided a spreadsheet and some analysis on this by A@G.

My wife knows I am a numbers person, so it would not look all that suspicious, I would guess, if I were to tell her that I did a little research and found out that the number of anointed has really been quite stable, if anything has been increasing. Am hoping this may be able to open the door to discuss the selection of the FDS and then maybe using the information provided by Mr. Cameron in Captives of a Concept (still would need to download the more current version, I believe my copy is 2004 - are there any significant changes that would come back on me) to show what the organization was practicing at the time of their selection.

There are a lot of little things that I could bring up as well, ask her about the end times definition in the Reasoning from the Scriptures that she has where on page 239 (in the English version) in the last days chapter, it does not reflect the new light on the anointed. If she comes up with the new light, I can then ask why the change.

I don't think my wife caught the hammering that education took at the DC, so not able to use that yet but if she starts a study, I am sure I will, also hope she gets the new books from the sister, would enjoy making some comments on them.....My wife is very close to completing two associates and a bachelors degree, so I would love for them to try to push her to stop that work and 'work for the kingdom...gag!

My wife has told the pesky sister that she wants to study the bible and how she can apply it to her life and after she knows how to study the bible, then she would study the jw literature. I am not sure here but I think that is a good sign that she is starting to see that the jw literature is not equivalent to the bible, a point I have often made to her. I was thinking of asking her to show me where in the bible some of the more unique jw doctrine comes from, then taking the time to read those areas in context...any thoughts
    on this?

I think having attended the DC with her, questions are fair game right now....so any help on questions and support will be appreciated.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Here...Use this!

• Terry
    Terry

Reading the New Testament (Christian Greek Scriptures) without the "aid" of propaganda should do the trick!

Where was the "organization" in early Christianity? If it was in Jerusalem, why was it first in Antioch the name "Christian" was decided?

Why did Jehovah not contact Jerusalem's Organization and guide them to Paul rather than pre-emptively blinding him on the road to Damascus?

If Peter and James presented the Organization, how is it they disagreed with Paul on the issue of Gentiles?

In what way did the Jerusalem Organization organize Paul's missionary journeys?

The Jerusalem Organization simply repeated the law of the sons of Noah back to Paul when the Gentile issue of circumcision was raised---so, how can they be viewed as legislating through authority? (Noachian Law began after the flood and allowed Gentiles to become equally righteous before Jehovah without having to become Jews.)

When Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans, where did the Organization go for all of human history in view of the fact Jesus promised he would remain with them "all the days"?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I think this the best place to start with info:

http://www.jwfacts.com/

BTS

• agent zero
    agent zero
    Reading the New Testament (Christian Greek Scriptures) without the "aid" of propaganda should do the trick!

-Terry, i've heard this many times before, but does it matter whether you use the NWT or any other version? and if it has to be a different one, how can you convince them to use that one in the first place?

-BTS, good site indeed!

A0

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Just a quick adjustment...

As I recall, the number of anointed is 144.000. This is the entire group with the hope to rule in heaven with Jesus.

The remnant is the group of anointed that is still alive. These are the ones that partake at the memorial each year. Btoth men and women makeup this group.

the Faithful and Discreet Slave is the Governing Body. They live at headquarters in NY and are all men.

There may be a different designation for the FDS, but remnant and annointed are not the same thing. One is a subset of the other.

Good luck with the extrication process. We'll be cheering you on and helping as we can.

-Aude.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks for the clarification Aude, I don't think she knows the details, but don't want to provide incorrect info.

Good question about use of the NWT vice another translation, any thoughts? And is there any biblical reference/quote I can use to have her put away the jw pubs when she reads the bible....what are some things to be looking out for in the Insight book??

jwfacts is loaded with great information!!!

Appreciate it all, thanks and keep it coming!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Still looking for some input.....so bttt

• kaykay
    kaykay

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/

great information here. this site was created by two annointed Jehovah's Witnesses who were disfellowshipped for tryint to bring the molestation problem to the attention of their congregation. screen 1 is especially useful for what you're trying to accomplish. =)

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry, i've heard this many times before, but does it matter whether you use the NWT or any other version? and if it has to be a different one, how can you convince them to use that one in the first place?

Which bible translation is a red herring at the beginning.

It isn't about the accuracy of the translation anyway; it is about the interpretations.

JW's don't base their doctrines on the bible after all. They have merely added layers of explanations and justifications to Adventist chronology and Rutherford's contrarian martyr-baiting behaviors.

The best book you could get an active JW to read is, after all, Ray Franz's CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE (Amazon.com)

Why?

The TONE of the book is exactly the tone of the Watchtower literature and is easy for a JW to read due to familiarity with the style.

Franz isn't shrill at all and he is soooo reasonable.

If you can't get them to read Franz, I'm pretty sure you won't get them to read anything.

(Just for the record, I LOVE the MESSAGE bible translation. It is like nothing I've ever encountered before for clarity of expression.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit