The Alpha and The Omega who is it?

by buffalosrfree 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Revelation 22: 12-15 mentions that:

"Look! I am coming quickly and the reward i give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, "

The society now says that this in the Revelation book is God (yahweh or Jehover as they put it). but didn't the society at times say that this is Jesus? I would sure love to have the quotes of them saying that and where to find them if anyone can help?????

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The original "Revelation its Grand (anti)Climax" contradicts itsself.

One part dealing with the subject says it is Jesus. Later in the book it is Jehovah.

There are several articles in the Witchtower on this. It makes amusing reading. There was one year where the identity flip flopped from God to Jesus and back four times in 6 months!

In the new Anticlimax book, actions formerly ascribed to God are now done by Christ, and vice versa.

In Rev 22 The A&O says "I am coming quickly" it is clear who John thought he is : "Amen, come, Lord JESUS."

da Borg seems to be seriously confused as to the identity of Jesus - a very worrying state of affairs as salvation depends on him.

It is interesting that v6 says The Lord God sent his angel. v16 says Jesus sent his angel. Perhaps trying to ascribe only one person with the identity of A&O is not necessary, as it is a role shared by both the Father and son?

HB

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

hamsterbait, thanks for you input, you wouldn't happen to have a reference on those watchtowers where the flip flopping occured would you??? Would much appreciate it, want to show brother how ridiculous this can get.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I recall them saying this is Jehovah. Another perfect example of the WTS taking things out of context.

I don't have my WT Bible but I'm sure you can find it. I am using the NIV

In the very next verse says:

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches.

It is important to remember that there were no paragraphs or verses in the original transcripts. Those were added later. There have been comments that verse necessities a change in speaker from the preceding verse. Hogwash.

• Terry
    Terry
    THE “ALPHA AND OMEGA” OF REVELATION
    Refers to Jehovah God. (Awake!, August 22, 1978, page 28).
    (32)
    Refers to Jesus Christ. (Watchtower, October 1, 1978, page 15).
  • snowbird
    snowbird

This is so sad.

THE “ALPHA AND OMEGA” OF REVELATION
    Refers to Jehovah God. (Awake!, August 22, 1978, page 28).
    (32)
    Refers to Jesus Christ. (Watchtower, October 1, 1978, page 15).

Isn't that around the same time period when the sower of Matthew 13 was either Satan or Jesus?

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I thought these referred to God

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

I dropped an alpha (or was it an omega) just this morning.....

Maybe both

• StAnn
    StAnn

"In the Apocalypse the "Alpha-Omega" taking the place of its Hebrew equivalent occur in the first chapter to designate God, i, 8; but in the last two chapters to designate Christ (Ap., xxi, 6; xxii, 13). It is an argument that its author believed in the divinity of Christ. In the earlier ages of the Church the Alpha and Omegain Scripture) were used as the monogram of Christ. These letters became His crest..."

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01332b.htm

StAnn

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's Jesus/Jehovah. Jehovah is the incarnate Christ.

Both Jehovah and Jesus are:

The Alpha and the Omega

The Beginning and the End

The First and the Last

Savior

The Rock

Light

God

Do you think they fight over these titles? Of course not. They are one and the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit