'My year of living biblically'

by IT Support 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IT Support
    IT Support

Yet another TED talk; this one by A.J. Jacobs called 'My year of living biblically.'

This is a fascinating and funny tale of one man's serious attempt, for one year, to obey every Bible command (he even runs into JWs!) ...

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/a_j_jacobs_year_of_living_biblically.html

• Switch
    Switch

I was thinking about getting that to read. It sounds entertaining. Has anyone read it?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Contains some very good ideas...

Taking a literal bible interpretation to its logical extreme reveals we should pick and choose ...

Reverent agnosticism ...

Thou shalt not disregard the irrational...

Thanks for sharing.

• kitsune
    kitsune

The book is awesome! I really enjoyed it. It is very humorous and yet just makes you shake your head with some of things that are written in the bible. He had some very on point observations. A friend of his just released a book about the "Christian" sub culture (movies, books, music, etc...) that was also very good.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Good watch. Thanks. :)

• IT Support
    IT Support

Glad you enjoyed the video.

I should have added that I can't recommend the TED site highly enough.

There are hundreds of thoughtful and thought-provoking videos, usually around 20 minutes each.

Something to interest everyone: talks on technology, science, arts and culture.

One of my all-time favourites is Stephen Petranek: 10 ways the world could end ("Ah, you laugh, you fools ... !")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit