to disgruntled Christians

by dhook 22 Replies latest jw friends

• dhook
    dhook

Matthew 24:14 “And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. (NWT)

I’m new to this board game, but I have been reading the submissions and replies from
    its members with much interest and, more often than not, total dismay. From what I’ve seen, the sole purpose behind this board is to bring the WatchTower Society to its knees, even wipe it from the face of the earth. Obviously there are many disgruntled Witnesses that have left the WTBTS (willingly or not) who feel hurt by their experience and desire to lash out in response. Perhaps the board is a great vent for pent-up frustration and anger… seems like it, to me.

However, in all fairness, there has to be some credit given the WTBTS. For those of us who became Witnesses at some point of time, recall what it was that drew us out from whatever religious persuasion with which we associated. Was it not the “milk” of the word – the basics of Scriptural Truth that brought us along? Recall, too, that it was all new to us. Exciting! We never heard anything like it inside of Christendom’s hallowed walls.

For that reason, then, do we not have to give credit to the WTBTS for introducing us to the real scriptures, not the ritualistic, idol worshipping, psalm-singing, storytelling monolouges that led us around in circles? The WTBTS spread that “milk” around the entire globe so that others (those from Christendom to atheist) could all understand the basics of Scriptural teachings. If you wish to ignore this, that is entirely up to you.

But before you jump to conclusions, I’m not saying the WTBTS is all it purports to be. I am not! They’ve made many mistakes over the years since their conception in 1879. A history check will verify that. However, because the WTBTS has claimed to be that “faithful slave” it has placed itself in a precarious position, as the Scriptures at Matthew 24:48-51 make clear. Also, a good question for us to ask ourselves: Is it our place to separate the good guys from the bad guys? Remember, too, the Scriptures found at Matthew 13:37-43.

All things considered, then, what should Christians be busy at today? Should we be complaining about the way we’ve been treated by this group or that? Or should we be trying to bolster fellow believers by encouragement, by discussing Scriptural subjects that may well offer enlightenment by positives, not negatives? The end of this system of things hasn’t yet arrived. Perhaps we could pool our resources and build something meaningful… something more in harmony with my opening Scripture: Matthew 24:14. If we can’t follow… lead!

Anyway, please give me your thoughts on this subject. I’ll do my best to get back to you a.s.a.p.

dhook

• hippikon
    hippikon
    ritualistic, idol worshipping, psalm-singing, storytelling monolouges that led us around in circles?

That sums up the WT very well actualy!

What makes the WT difrent from any other cult religion?

• chappy
    chappy

There is a sincere desire by most ex-JW's on this board not just to "get back at the Watchtower", but to help those still "in" see the hypocracy and danger of the religion they're associated with.
    You said: "Or should we be trying to bolster fellow believers by encouragement, by discussing Scriptural subjects that may well offer enlightenment by positives, not negatives?"
    Most here, including myself feel that exposing the WT to those trapped inside to be just as, if not more important.

You also said: "Or should we be trying to bolster fellow believers by encouragement, by discussing Scriptural subjects that may well offer enlightenment by positives, not negatives?"
    Other than the pre-programmed dialog, there can be no real scriptural discussion with those still inside.

You mentioned "basics of spiritual truth" learned from the WT.
    Could you list the ones unique to the WT? They need to be unique and true.

later,
    chappy

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Dhook,

You must remember that all that come out of WT Mind Control don't become Christians as it is with probably with the majority who post on this board.
    Don't forget that many of us have family members that are still JWs and are shunning us to our hurt, so it is quite natural to do want you can to bring down this tyranical Organization, that destroys families, surely God can find no fault in that.

Exsposing hypocrisy is not a sin last time I checked.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dhook,

Welcome to the board and thank you for your post.

WTS doctrinal flaws have not stood the test of time, but they are not unique among religions in this failing, though perhaps uniquely arrogant.

A problem develops when they claim to be the only TRUE Christians on the planet, exclusively guided by Christs spirit, with the understanding that Christ by Gods hand will kill everybody who does not adhere to WTS teachings.

Under Biblical and social examination they are found wanting in all these areas.

An examination of the historical roots of ALL the doctrines that the WTS claim to adhere to, shows that they are not the first to have held these views in modern times. This includes the doctrine of soul-sleep, a secret rapture, use of the name Jehovah, non-trinitarian stance, salvation by works, etc. etc. WTS theology is a cobbled together morass of theological belief that bounced around the Westernised world during the C19th. Basically they are intellectual scavengers and plaigerisers. They are gradually as have other religious infants born at that time, veering toward the mainstream, hoping I suspect, that Armageddon will come before they become indistinguishable from others. I accept that these are hard words, but words that I invite you to examine.

To find out who to thank for the 'Truth', you will need to extend a hand to Darby, Barbour, Storrs, Gross, Vine and many others, some of whom were dead before C.T.Russell reached adolescence.

I might add at this stage that many would have preferred if they had stuck to their day jobs.

Best regards - HS

• ISP
    ISP

Most are not happy with the fundamental dishonesty that pervades the WTS. Most of us got involved with it because of its false prophecies i.e. 1975...indirectly or directly. It has never be honest enough to say 'we are tying our best'. Rather they presumptuously say they speak from God and insist on submission otherwise you face judicial action.

Most are attracted to the WTS because of the perception of honesty and truth when these are flouted...it is no surprise that people will leave.

ISP

• Satanus
    Satanus

dh

'The end of this system of things hasn’t yet arrived' It really did come, but invisibly, as did:

1. the end of the gentile times in 1914
    2. the judgement of christendom in 1918
    3. the casting of satan out of heaven in 1914
    4. the outpouring of the seven bowls of gods wrathe on the world in the 20' and 30's
    5 the angelic transference of jehovahs truths to rutherford
    6. the coming of jesus in 1914
    7. the gnashing of the teeth of false religionists

• moman
    moman

Remember, Jesus & the apostles exposed false religious leaders! The WTB&TS are BONIFIED FALSE PROPHETS & eaisly verified by the smallest effort in research. It iz every caring Christians duty 2 expose these modern day scribes & pharasees!
    -fastone-

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

dhook:

"Perhaps we could pool our resources and build something meaningful...Something more in harmony with my opening scripture at Matthew 24:14 "If we can't follow Lead"

I don't know if anybody's noticed this or not but wouldn't it be something if we all set aside our anger and used this board in a more positive way. We have an opportunity here to use this board to reach people all over this planet. Is anybody interested in doing that?

Good going dhook.

• dhook
    dhook

I hear you. What I was referring to about real truth was doctrine such as Christendom's view on Hell, Soul, Death, Trinity, etc., etc.. As for those remaining in the WTS, I'm confident that the time will come when they become tired of the milk and desire some solid food... whatever that is. Those seeking will find.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    dhook

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit