"If you are Christian you are definately Trinitarian"

by Sirona 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

That's sort of the conclusion I was coming to when thinking about it as well.

Like in Babylon there was one kingship, one dynasty, that had control while Daniel was there. Actually, there was a king and his son who were ruling simultaneously. That is the overall gist that I keep getting from it. There is a godship and lordship that the Father and the Son operate together by means of the Holy Spirit. Paul used the word Lord so loosely in referring to both the Father and the Son.

Well, I guess that wasn't the point of this thread. But it seems to me that witnesses always want to say "Oh, none of them could be true because they believe in the trinity!" When in fact they are imagining modalism. This is probably a combined fault of the WTS for not reading more closely when they researched or deceptively setting up a straw-man, churches for not being clear enough in recognizing the distinctness of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and the individual witnesses for not taking the effort to research it (myself included). I used to rant against the trinity because I thought it was so absurd. Now I realize that it was the trinity in name, but modalism in concept that I was against.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit