The folks went out of town to the Russian District Convention.

by Lady Zombie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

When the iron curtain fell in the 90's, my parents went to Russia with a group of other JWs. Since then, they've taught themselves Russian and now go over about every 3rd year.

They also work the Russian territory here once a month and spend about 10 hours traveling around in a 100 mile radius.

I drove them to the airport Saturday morning because they're going to the Russian District Convention in New York.

They'll probably tour Bethel. Again. For the 4th time.

Natually they'll come back all pumped up and zealous.

Until then, I'm intensely enjoying not having my phone ring daily on non-meeting nights, and multiple times on meeting nights whining and nagging about going to the meeting.

The whole thing is quite sad.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, sad. Ruskies come over here for a life w more opportunities, and wham, they get nailed by cultists.

S

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

weird. i dated this girl and went to the russian hall in los angeles for a little while. the only thing i remember how to say is jehovah god, hi, my name is dominick, whats your name, whats that?, that is a stool, that is a pen, that is a pencil, who is that?, that is ..., and whats up. wow. i remember more than i thought.

• Blasty
    Blasty

That's actually pretty cool that your parents taught themselves russian.

I've only read a few posts from you Lady Zombie, but I wouldn't think you'd tolerate being nagged about something like meetings heh. I guess it's nice that you tolerate your parents still. I humor mine when they bother to contact me hehe.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Blasty--I tolerate their JW bullcrap for a lot of reasons. I don't want to, but at this point, I have no choice.

Anyway, I'm sitting here at work, and my phone rings. It is my mother calling from New York. She asked me how things were going, etc.

THEN she asked me if I went to the meeting Sunday, and how was it.

I CAN'T FREAKIN' BELIEVE IT! SHE CALLS FROM NEW YORK JUST TO SEE IF I WENT TO A FREAKIN' MEETING?!?!?!?

Naturally she got all upset and pissed when I said I didn't.

GAWD!!!

• Blasty
    Blasty

Ahh, well I'll try not to be too nosy, or is it nosey? I can't spell.

Most of the people that would keep tabs on me live in a different state, so I'm not sure if people just assume or what. Of course, I haven't been to a meeting in about 12 or 11 years. So either people assume a lot about me, or just gave up on me heh.

Well, on the bright side, I guess it's good that your parents still care. I saw my grandparents shun my mom for years, as a child I could never understand it. And now as a parent I completely don't understand it.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

LZ,

My parents know not to ask if I go to meetings...lol...I'm DAd...

But at your age (I think you're the same age as I am) wht should your parents be meddling in your life...

DON"T LET THEM MEDDLE!!!!!

It's none of their beeswax if you go or not....

BTW...if they're here in NYC, can I make their acquaintance? Wouldn't yoyu love for them to meet a nice apostate?

Lance

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Just once I'd love to scream "I'M A *&^% ATHEIST! YOUR JEHOVAH CAN KISS MY ASS!!!"

But all that would do is break their hearts.

They are hopelessly indoctrinated and brainwashed. It really is sad.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I agree A@G. I wish I could tell them to eff off with their cult. My "conscious" won't allow me to break their hearts though.

I'm such a puss.

• sf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit