Neutrality Issue - How did the WT Society used to hide behind us...

by justhuman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

The Neutrality issue was one of the major issues that young brothers in many places in the world are facing. Some they died for that issue, some the spend many years in prisons, and as a result they are record is marked for being in prison.

In my country many brothers went to prison from 2-4 years, but the most outrageous thing that the WT did, it was to hide behind an 18 year old kids. Yeah the cowards running WT they didn't have the balls to stand next to us, and I will explain why:

When it was time for joining the Army, and since Army service is done by all males, the WT was telling us the exact words to say to the officials:

"That I 'm a Jehovahs Witness, and my conscious does not allow me to join any military forces and this is my PERSONAL decision"

I recall in meeting we had for this matter the CO told us clearly:"Never say that the WT tells you not to join the Army. No matter what, YOU SHOULD NEVER mention WT to the officials, or that you will get disfellowshiped if you join Army Forces, or the WT is telling you NOT to join the Army. You will say it is your PERSONAL DECISION and keep the Organization out from any discussion"

So the question that arrises here is:"If it is a matter of conscious why we would get disfellowshiped if we did join the Army? And since when in a matter of conscious a Christian would face judical commitee and gets disfellowshiped?

But as usual WT has a different agenda for the outside world and other for the rank and file. Then the Goverment came with a new proposal:

Since you don't join the Army then you can join other services like Hospital, Fire Department, Forest Department, Resque, and you will do your service, your obligation to your country there. Some of us were happy of this new arrangement, since the WT did accepted that arrangement in other European Countries. But the FDS had a different oppinion in our case. The answer was NO....and they said that we go to the other services IF the court send us there as a penalty. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ALTERNATIVE SERVICE...

So 15 years went by, and the FDS finally accepted the Alternative Service. So again the "Holy Spirit" was late to act, and change its mind. No need to say that many of us suffered from this, since we couldn't go on with our lifes and jobs, since it was a pending issue. But again the WT was using us in the most horrible way. Plus we had to pay the lawyer that the Org has chosen for us, everytime we appeared in Court. And the guy really charged a lot!!!

But there was another issue regarding Neutrality. The Goverment has a special tax for diffence. It is only a small rate but still it is a tax for buying Arms. When we asked the Society if we should pay that tax, the answer was yes. We must give to the Ceasar what belongs to the Ceasar. But we ask again, is it correct to pay that tax since is going for military purposes. The answer was that Ceasar desides what to do with the money, therefore there is nothing wrong to pay that tax.

What was the real reason behind this? Since the Branch of the WT had to pay taxes(for buying and selling land)it would have created them problem with the Goverment, plus it would have a nagative effect to all of the JW's since in my country Diffence is a very sensitive issue.So it would have cost them a lot, so they chose to pay the tax.

But what would have happened if we were not in Europe by in an African country? Good question, and I really don't feel to think about it. In my mind it comes the tragic events that took place for our Brothers in Malawi....

The GB are a banch of cowards, and all they care is how to use poor people in order to have control over human life. They have no conscious at all, and they have sacrifice hunderds of thousands of people in the Altar of their Organization. Many times I wonder the panishment that Jesus holds for them. But I guess the only panishment we can give to the WT it is to show to future victims, and even those are inside how EVIL organization the WT is

• yknot
    yknot

I am so sorry.

Sounds like they were protecting their legal status or making yall martyr's for their cause.

I guess that is the question most JWs never ask........why and to what end.

• metatron
    metatron

They use the excuse that a person has "disassociated himself" when they join certain organizations like the military. The solution here is to

publicize and inform everyone you can - especially government officials - that they are guilty of expellling any member who does this. They are

using this deception to hide the expulsion of people who take blood transfusions, too.

metatron

• james_woods
    james_woods

A hot button with me because of my age - I was draft age during the prime time of the VietNam War.

Every bit of what was written in the original post is absolutely true. The WTS hid behind young teenage guys to prove they were being persecuted - a notion (the persecution complex) that they dearly love.

Don't forget to mention the hypocrisy that Mexican JW kids could just "buy" a get out of the draft card and avoid the issue. Also don't forget that if the Federal Court "sentenced" you to do alternative service, then that was OK...but you could not volunteer to do the exact same job on your own to avoid prosecution as a draft evader.

Same job, same VA hospital, but the good little JWdub had the priviledge of causing himself to be a convicted felon for this fine priviledge.

It has been said that nobody went to VietNam to fight and came back without profound effects. I say that no JW young teen or young adult man went to prison over their issue and came back without profound effects either. I knew of a lot of divorces, early deaths after trying to get back into society, people who never could seem to get a good job with this on their record, etc...altogether a stupid and cowardly policy.

• megs
    megs

I was reading about the different policies in Malawi vs. Mexico last night in COC... I know there is a lot of talk about suing the WTS, but if I were a Malawi woman raped and beaten in the 1970's, couldn't I make a case in International Court that I was subject to abuse due to WTS policies that were not applied equally? I'm sure this has been discussed before...

• james_woods
    james_woods

Megs, if the world were truly just and fair, then such a person should have a great case against the Society. So would everybody here who went to prison when they could have just as well taken a conscientous objector's deferment. But, especially the Malawians.

However, looking at that other thread on how powerless so-called "International Courts" are in such matters (except for a very few special cases like the Nuremburg Trials or the Bosnian mass murderers) - I doubt such a person would have any success.

There is also the problem that people like your hypothetical victim would be the last persons on earth financially or educationally able to take on the powerful Watchtower Society and their lock-step lawyers.

Much guilt is on the Society for this. We would not even know a lot of the background had it not been for Ray Franz.

• megs
    megs

Very true James... What a travesty of justice for so many people.

• garybuss
    garybuss

There is no "neutrality" issue, there's a "rebellion" issue. It's laughable to say the Watch Tower Corporation, doing business as Jehovah's Witnesses, is politically indifferent. They are a political organization by nature.

Saying they are "neutral" are weasel words. They're sure as heck not neutral in the Supreme Courts.

Add up the Watch Tower lies: We are neutral, we are not dogmatic, we are not controlling. The Witness political group is called "The Theocracy". Theocracy describes a political concept. There's Democracy, Communism, and Theocracy. Their name defines them as a political action group.

Why do they deny that which they fought to establish?

• Quandary
    Quandary

Excellent post JustHuman!

You are absolutely correct in your statement! The more one digs into the actions or this man made organization the more it stinks to high heaven!

Thank you for posting this.

Q

• changeling
    changeling

Those brothers would probably feel slapped in the face if they found out about the Society's playing footsie with the UN ("the disgusting thing that causes desolation") just to get a library card.

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit