JWs and the Mentally Challenged

by almostbitten 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

So I'm guessing here that in the case of my uncle and my friend's son, they were "statistics," numbers to jot down so as to seem like good JWs. Sheesh! How low can you go.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Here's the deal, JW's just want to have a study. Saying "my study" is a status symbol for a Jdub it also provides at least 4 hours of field circus time a month and is especially valuable in the winters. So they don't care who they study with they could even be brain dead. If they have a pulse they'll study with them.

LD

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

My wifes cousin was in this catagory. She was really hard headed too. It was a challege to deal with her. We used to take her to meetings. She would rarely miss a meeting. I think she liked the social aspect of it. I don't think any harm was done however, nothing gained either. It is all a numbers game with the JW's.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

in my hall they met a person who had a severely retarted child. they loved bombed the person, and got them to come to meetings.

the child was disturbing all, the elderettes tried helping the child..... but after 2 months they gave up!

person does not attend our meetings anymore.

p.s. I have loved ones borne with handicaps. and even the one with a minor handp. still needs more work from their family.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Right... now you are on a topic that makes my blood boil! I have always had a problem with jw attitude towards the mentally challanged and the mentally sick. I used to constantly point out that God will not kill such ones at Armaggedon because to do so would be murdering an innocent. I always got sheepish looks and was told God sees the hearts. So I would state in my anwsers at the book study that after the big A we would be looking after millions of such ones until God restored them to health (hopefully quickly), nobody dared to contradict but at the same time couldnt quite join in as it is not wt doctrine.

So even though there are individual jws who are kind and caring to such ones..the organization ignores them and does not state clearly that these ones will survive armaggedon and get a chance to live a normal life. I get mad! There are millions and millions in this catagory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit