Why i liked being a Jehovah's Witness...

by digderidoo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I miss ppl bringing cake and stuff to my house on Tuesday. Thats what I miss.

• steve2
    steve2

At an earlier developmental stage in my life, I actually liked the idea of someone else doing my thinking for me. But, as with all childish things, I like to think I outgrew them.

• Mandette
    Mandette

OUCH! Lot of sarcasm here which I totally AGREE with...but I have to say that I did have some fun times. I remember working with my father at assemblies. That was when I was young enough not to question much. It was more being with my dad than it was where we were at.....AND I did get some good skills in life....being able to speak in front of groups(I got good grades in college communication courses too).... but I do think "liked" is too strong of a word!!! :)

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To add a few things:

I also enjoyed the luxurious hotels we got to stay at for summer conventions. What fun it was to come back to the hotel after a day in the heat in Philly, PA, and walk right past a beautiful empty swimming pool, but not have time to use it. After all, we had to review our notes from that day's assembly right after dinner. We also didn't get to watch the cable TV because all the things on it, except the Weather Channel, were wicked.

We didn't have to wonder if maybe the Catholics were correct when they made that ridiculous claim that God spoke through THEIR leader, the Pope, because WE already knew God only spoke through OUR leader(s). No more confusion.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

We also had the privilege of becoming experts at fighting off vicious dogs with our umbrellas.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    We also had the privilege of becoming experts at fighting off vicious dogs with our umbrellas.

Or book bags!

Paul

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I liked that I would only watch G rated movies... because the PG ones were "Pure Garbage", or so I was told...

I liked that people would think curse words but not say them out loud...

• yknot
    yknot

I loved being judged on the basis of one persons gossip!

I loved being hailed as demon possessed as I stayed "pure" while Elderkids sold drugs out of the KH parking lot....for money & sexual favors.

I loved how everything wrong was my fault.....my evil powers had no limit!

Seriously though I really really really loved being a JW (the above was just Satan testing my resolve & loyalty to Jah).

I loved believing we were saving the world for Jesus & Jehovah

Oh well I love knowing reality even more!

• steve2
    steve2

As a young, fresh-faced teenager working alone door-to-door, I was propositioned by more than one bold female householder. Sadly, though, they weren't my type, but it was a boost to my ego!

• carla
    carla

Steve, I'm sure you were a fine young specimen when going in fs, however, you do understand that non jw's think it funny to proposition you 'holy rollers' do you not? It was a joke to see how fast they ran or if they actually thought about it, something to talk about around the watercooler on Monday. Or a way to get rid of you for good because the hope was that you would spread the word about the immoral folks living there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit