More of my life, thanks for reading and helping me

by BonaFide 12 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I was a regular pioneer since age 16. Ministerial Servant at 20. Ministerial Training School at 23 assigned to South America. I was told I was the youngest missionary in the world among JW's. Elder at 24, Circuit Overseer at 26. For those who know the C.O. schedule, we have Monday all day, and Tuesday mornings off. I went in service on the those days or had special meetings. I taught Circuit Overseer school at the Branch office. I was robbed at gunpoint many times. I lived, breathed, and worshipped the best way I could. I am 43 now, and still a virgin since I was raised in the truth. I never gave in to temptation other than seeing a few pics online on one occasion, which I confessed to, and a girl I liked in my circuit gave me a peek of her chest since I had never seen that in person.No matter what anyone told me, I believed. And now I am learning that its all a cult? Its just so weird that even when I read some posts, I still get offended when someone criticizes the "Truth." THIS IS HARD TO DEAL WITH.

I am amazed at Seeker4, Oracle, Open MInd, Awakened at Gilead, Brother Cabeen, Minimus, I am forgetting others names, but the point is that they have the emotional fortitude. I get so mad at my family I yell when they say, "What is the most important thing? The Organization" But I need my family, I need my friends, I disagree that they are only my friends because of being JW. They care about me, they are just misled, so if I get DF'd, they will want me to come back to the truth. they don't view it as a cult. And if they came to their senses like I did, they would want my friendship. Its that we are trained not to talk with Df'd people for their own good.

Now my family is saying that I might have swelling in the brain, that's why I am acting weird. Every time I talk about the two-witness rule for child molestion proof, they get upset with me and tell me to wait on Jehovah.

But I still don't get how you all can not be suffering that much. I consider myself a normal guy, tough enough I guess, but I can't deal with all these emotions. I find it easier to go to the meeetings and I can even put all the lies out of my mind and comment sometimes and give my parts.

I live in a huge apartment complex with those walkways and nice grass, over 200 Witnesses live here, in fact, I bet more. We all walk around in our suits and service clothes and talk to each other like its Utopia.

So I just want to say again, PLEASE continue writing the good stuff. I mean I like the funny jokes about your avatars or whatever, but some of us NEED JWD bad. How can we come up with a plan to help people to reason? I have one formulated that I will post today.

• megs
    megs

BonaFide, I don't think I said welcome! So Welcome! It is very refreshing for me to see more and more people come here... I'm not a JW, but a friend of mine is... He recently branded me as a "bad association" and isn't talking to me but I hope he'll come around someday... I don't envy the position you are in, but know you have much support here... I really think there should be a grass root movements to start a "Real Life" support group for JW Survivors, because really you are all survivors... Congratulations and I look forward to reading more about you!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

(((((BonaFide )))) hang in there I know it is not easy .

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

BonaFide, I just saw this thread.

You must believe me when I tell you: It DOES get easier. And easier. And better. And the pain does diminish a great deal.

Love (and hang in there)
    Baba.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

WE are all suffering... don't let my strong attitude fool ya!

Ya gonna call me back?

Lance

• penny2
    penny2

Wow, so good to have you here, BonaFide.

I find it easier to go to the meeetings and I can even put all the lies out of my mind and comment sometimes and give my parts.

I know exactly what you mean. Just give it time.

penny

• avishai
    avishai

>>>> Every time I talk about the two-witness rule for child molestion proof, they get upset with me and tell me to wait on Jehovah.<<<

Ask 'em if they, as one person, witnessed a child being raped if they'd "wait on Jehovah" because, gee, obviously since it was just one person seeing it happen...the rapist MUST be innocent.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I get so mad at my family I yell when they say, "What is the most important thing? The Organization"

What happened to the Creator, God and Christ Jesus who sacraficed for our sins. One of the signs of a cult is following a man or an organization.

But I need my family, I need my friends, I disagree that they are only my friends because of being JW. They care about me, they are just misled, so if I get DF'd, they will want me to come back to the truth. they don't view it as a cult. And if they came to their senses like I did, they would want my friendship. Its that we are trained not to talk with Df'd people for their own good.

We all need our families, right down to this day, but we are either unwilling or unable to keep up with the cult mindset enough to satisfy them. If you ever fade, d'a or get d'fd, you will see that these people really aren't your friends. I was running for my life when I was df'd for refusing to stick around long enough to see if my mentally ill jw husband was going to choose to commit adultery or murder after I filed for divorce. Like so many in similar situations, you are totally alone. Of course, if/when jws come to their senses, they see the error of their ways. The governing body trains the rank and file to shun da'd and df'd people to protect their power. They don't want the rank and file to know their dirty little secrets about child molestation and domestic abuse, among other things. If the rank and file got the true story about why so many d'a or are df'd, they would start to smell a rat. If the rank and file also saw for themselves that da'd , df'd and the faded often have good lives outside of the organization, many more would choose to leave the cult.

• Turkey Sandwich
    Turkey Sandwich

It helps me a lot, reading this forum.

When you know you are different from everyone else, but cannot explain why....it is very lonely.

• yknot
    yknot

alt

Frankly Bonafide with such stats I am shocked more sisters didn't thrown themselves at you.......your are were JW ROCKSTAR !

Now you are just a free man who has the rest of his life to lead. Start making and excuting plans to move on (as best as possible with JW family). I see the need for you to change locations in the future and start dating........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit