Mind Control Jewels from N.Y. Special Assembly Day - PMed to me by Newbie

by flipper 31 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I was PMed this excerpt from the final talk by R. Clark at the New York special assembly day by a newbie whom I will keep anonymous for confidentiality purposes. It is full of spin control, and damage control which shows how nervous the Watchtower society is getting about " negative talk ", " independent thinking", and " Internet use " by the rank and file Jehovah's Witness members. Title of the talk :

" Serving Loyally with God's Organization " by R. Clark

1. Be Careful of Negative Talk - " Some are still trying to discredit the fact we are living in the last days. 2nd Peter talks about these ridiculers . Some times , that negative talk happens even within the congregation. This is not to say we cannot discuss the new light, we should enjoy lively discussions , but be wary of those who don't appreciate the loving spiritual provisions we receive regularly . True we have received new information about a " generation ". But that should strengthen our faith , not weaken it ! The year 1914 , while no longer used as a marking point for a " generation " , is still the year Christ was enthroned as King. Are we loyal to Christ as our enthroned King ? "

2. Do not be Distracted by the World and what it has to Offer - " There are so many things to buy now , the stores are getting bigger , have you noticed this ? And so are televisions, and so is the number of channels ! One cable company offers over 500 channels ! And hand held devices ( dildos perhaps ? ) ( italics mine ) , are getting updated and improved all the time ! So don't let all these distractions start to pull us away from our loyalty to God and His organization. "

3. Be Judicious when it comes to the Internet - " Even more serious is that we need to be careful about our Internet research. Our Kingdom Ministry in August of 2007 encouraged us to be cautious . So-called " scientific studies " are often no more than someone's opinion. Many so-called historians discredit 1914 as a pivotal date because they give a different date for the fall of Jerusalem . Who are we going to believe ? Those who constantly change opinions and ideas ( yeah-like the witnesses you mean ? ) ( italics mine ) , or God's organization that has shown to be a pillar of the truth ? ( Help me vomit please. ) ( italics still mine ) . The faithful and discreet slave does extensive research on every article , so we have good reason to trust them, just as Jesus trusts them.

" That is not to say we can't use the Internet. Some have used e-mail witnessing to those in hard to reach places, and have even studied with them over the Internet ! However, we have received reports that some use www.Jehovah's Witness.com to find honest hearted ones who have an interest in Jehovah's Witnesses and the truth. True, on that website there are strict rules as to being respectful. And we do not make rules as to what websites a Christian can visit, we should use our own conscience . However, wouldn't it be even more upbuilding to direct a person to Watchtower.org rather than Jehovah's Witness.com ? There we can find so much useful information and it is accessible in many languages. Trust Jehovah and His organization to lead righteous individuals to the truth . "

There. Now that I got my gag reflex out of the way - what do you think of this " mind control" garbage ?? Do ya think the governing body is running a wee bit scared these days ? My take is that they are desperately grasping at straws to prevent witnesses from informing themselves about what REALLY is going on in the Watchtower society and witness organization. Thus once again the directive they are trying to send is " we have all the information you need- look nowhere else. " A perfect example of the Watchtower cult putting it's members under the spell of " information control "- as Steve Hassan so aptly put it ! So- What do you all here on the board think of this information put out? Do you think the society is nervous ? What lengths will they go to to control their members ? Time will tell- but apparently this is how they are acting currently ! Thanks to the newbie who sent me this ! As always- I look forward to all your comments ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Be Judicious when it comes to the Internet - " Even more serious is that we need to be careful about our Internet research. Our Kingdom Ministry in August of 2007 encouraged us to be cautious . So-called " scientific studies " are often no more than someone's opinion. Many so-called historians discredit 1914 as a pivotal date because they give a different date for the fall of Jerusalem . Who are we going to believe ? Those who constantly change opinions and ideas

hmmmm....historians or Wt who only pick out bits and pieces to fit the story....

Desperation I think so....With the influx on the board lately numbers got to be dropping at the hall fast....

hope4others

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm certain that the guys in Brooklyn are running a little scared.

However, the quotes provided above just do not ring true for me. I'm not convinced that these are actual quotes but rather they seem to be someone's notes with interpolation added.

For example:

However, wouldn't it be even more upbuilding to direct a person to Watchtower.org rather than Jehovah's Witness.com ?

Doubtful that 'Jehovah's Witness dot com' would be mentioned from any platform.

Many so-called historians discredit 1914 as a pivotal date because they give a different date for the fall of Jerusalem .

I know the society attempts to discredit secular historians but, again, it seems doubtful that they would out of nowhere suggest that anyone would question the date that Jerusalem fell.

While I don't doubt that the outline was prepared with these thoughts in mind, it is just not plausible that the above direct quotes.

-Aude.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I'm surprised he didn't say " And for God's sake stay away from JWD, that site was most certainly started by Satan the Devil "

Yep the boys in Brooklyn are indeed nervous ( Dam that inter-net and all its information )

Are pretentious phony devised tower could actually crumble down because of this, with all of are jobs included...........well wishful thinking on my part !

• flipper
    flipper

HOPE 4 OTHERS- I do think the witness organization is losing members to the " internet knowledge " that is coming across these days. I agree- the witness organization is constantly changing their views on doctrines and dates. They are always projecting on others what they themselves are doing ! Look at all the newbies coming on here now !

AUDE SAPERE- Well, I don't know. My wife mentioned the same thing you did too. I'm sure that much of the information is accurate . Perhaps not word for word . But this is the information this newbie sent me from the notes he took. So , as always human error could be there. That being said- the general thoughts put out by the speaker are still full of " mind control " rhetoric to control rank and file members of the witness cult. Perhaps someone else who was there could put more input into this thread. If it really happened that JW.com was mentioned in the talk- then I agree it would be somewhat surreal. But I'm sure the Watchtower society is nervous that it's losing members who want to inform themselves ! Just think of how many newbies have started here in recent months ! It can't make the Watchtower society feel secure with it's members ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

HOMEROVAH- I agree with you that the WTS is getting nervous about all the " true information " witnesses are learning by researching the Internet . The WTS doesn't want ANY members finding out " dirty little or big secrets " which would incriminate them in front of their rank and file members ! I don't believe that will bring the Watchtower crashing down - but one brick at a time, slowly it will erode people's confidence in the Watchtower society , and help them see they are being duped ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree
    However, we have received reports that some use www.Jehovah's Witness.com to find honest hearted ones who have an interest in Jehovah's Witnesses and the truth. True, on that website there are strict rules as to being respectful. And we do not make rules as to what websites a Christian can visit, we should use our own conscience . However, wouldn't it be even more upbuilding to direct a person to Watchtower.org rather than Jehovah's Witness.com ?

It begars belief that words such as those were used from the platform. They take away from the credibility of the whole post.

Michael

• flipper
    flipper

Happy2bfree- Well- all I can say is this is what was private mailed to me from a newbie here. The jist of the talk though is definitely " mind control" . Like I said, somebody else may verify this or dispute it- who knows ? But I have seen at assemblies before speakers counsel the audience to avoid certain specific dangers in the " public world ". If the society is feeling heat from the internet sites - who knows ? Stranger things have happened in the witness organization ! We shall see ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Highlander
    Highlander

That's hilarious if he actually mentioned this website by name during his 'talk'.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Flipper..I`m sooooo past all this stuff..But..It is funny to read....Nothing is more worldly than a large remote control for your TV..LOL!!..I saw a huge one the other day,6inches wide and 1foot long..It`s for seniors with bad eye sight..LOL!!.................Thanks for the laugh Flipper!.................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit