Will the WTBTS ever become mainstream like the WWCG?

by donny 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't think so. The reason is because of the difference between committee style management and management by an individual. A one person managed org can change direction on a dime, whereas, w a committee, very little change is possible. It would first need to change back to a single manager style. Stranger things have happened. Consider the rise of gorbachev from the soviet politbeuro.

S

• nbernat
    nbernat

As much as a I like you, I certainly hope you're wrong WTWizard.

• agent zero
    agent zero

i dunno.. i think it might become somewhat more mainstream in the future. whereas the "official" version as fed by the GB remains hardcore, it seems to me the younger generation is caring less and less about the details and there's a much more open minded attitude in many. also with the shortening of the sunday meeting and elimination of the bookstudy and talk of more changes to come, the load is lightening and will give dubs more time to just take it easy.

some time ago on a different thread on here, someone posted something to the effect of that they think that in 50 years from now there will still be a group called "jehovah's witnesses", but that they'll practically be unrecognizable from the same group today, with no more organised field service and stuff like that. i thought that was interesting, and to a certain extent i believe it's my opinion as well.

A0

• bob1999
    bob1999

I just watched the film "Called to be Free".

What God has done within this ex-cult is nothing short of amazing.

I pray that God will transform the WTS the way He has transformed the WCG.

Peace

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

Navytownroger hit the nail right on the head. JWs are indeed proud to be "different" and take solace in the fact they are indeed "hated" and will use the Bible to try and support this. I personally think they intentionally do things to achieve this reputation.

No, they won't mainstream. Otherwise, what would be their selling point in a world where differing religions seem to be the same on a basic level?

• witnessgirl
    witnessgirl

OTWO said exactly what I was going to say. WWCG published an elaborate apology in their mag after Armstrong died. The WTBTS would never ever do this. They vastly prefer to criticize the membership for believing them.

Anybody remember CO visits where the CO would announce how many months were left until September 1975? An older sister told me about this happening. West Florida. "Only eight months left, brothers."

While they will stop short of mass suicide,

Have you seen the Jonestown issue of the Watchtower? That was an interesting read....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit