Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-20-08 WT Study (DELIVERANCE)

by blondie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks for the critic of the WT Blondie.The WT talks about the model prayer.."God's kingdom in heaven"

So why did God have Satan in Heaven since the beginning of mankind until 1914?What kind of corrupt Gov't was he running.Oh, I forgot the WT is not to swift when it comes the Bible knowledge.So heaven was in the power of Satan until 1914.

Bob

PS Q8..The DNA code(gnome) completed only a few years ago.Give it a hundred years and see what happens to health.

Q19 So who is killing and fighting wars?Long before 1914.silly WT/GB/FDS.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

3]There will be no more war, illness, or hunger, and the earth will be transformed into a paradise. Even animals that are now dangerous will be at peace with humans and with one another.

Simplistic pipe dreams - A paradise vision that is not based on reality, any question is answered by "just leave it to Jehovah" It traps the unwary and gullible - like I was!

4]But what about those whose cause trouble?

Like You and me !! considered the agents of

8] Far from solving the huge problems now facing mankind, these institutions have added to them

Does not mention the great strides that have been made...we could list a lot of them

12]Jehovah can deliver those who do his will. When he destroyed the ancient wicked world

So God is a benefactor, when he spares you if you do exactly what they say, and slaughters billions of others?

14 In your ministry

Oh yes , this is the study edition for J Ws

15] The rules of this system of things have often been cruel and have led their subjects into wars, resulting in the slaughter of millions.

Sounds like Armageddon to me
    16] Very soon now,

How many times can they say that ???

17]whenever it is that they are saying: "Peace and security!"

So..I forgot, is there to be declaration of P & S or not, according to current thinking??

back to p15

No wonder the Scriptures counsel us not to put our trust in man

The poor dumb dubs do not realise, as I did not realise, that what I thought wsa Bible truth was in fact the teachings of man...The WTS theology, spawned by CTR , honed by JFR, polished and promulgated by F Franz and carried on from Brooklyn..They worked out the "meaning" of the Scriptures we followed THEM , and nearly 7 million of them still do

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hey Blondie, jgnat, I should have checked this thread first.

The part with the Worldwatch Institute quote bugged me, so like you I googled it and came up with the full quote. This article is the third time the WTS has used it now (a 2006 feature on the Last Days and the 'Bible Teach' book were the other two). What struck me was that the figure of 110 million was omitted each time. Why?

The first instance in the 'Bible Teach' (p.88-9) says, " A report from the Worldwatch Institute states: 'Three times as many people [note: figure omitted] fell victim to war in [the 20th] century as in all the wars from the first century AD to 1899.' More than 100 million people have died as a result of wars since 1914."

If the 110 million number is left out, there is nothing to compare the 100 million number with in the next sentence. But if both numbers are accurate statistics, then there were 10 million victims of war between 1899 and 1914. Rather a lot in so short a time.

But then again, are 'victims' or 'casualities' meant to be the same as 'fatalities'? In other words, are the two statements/figures comparing apples and pears anyway, thereby making them meaningless or misleading? Hmm.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Did they quote

LUKE 21: 8??

HB

• blondie
    blondie

Hi WTWizard, that scripture always bothered me and the WTS explanation was always weak. Comparing other bibles, I get the same meaning though. It does leave many jws hanging, "doing more" to ensure their everlasting life on a paradise earth. Actually according to WTS doctrine, that probably does run out until the end of the 1,000 year reign and passing the "final test." The WTS teaches though that people could still fall and be destroyed.

Yes, SirNose, I was surprised when I someone first made that comment. I don't remember antimatter being mentioned in the bible. I was too young to understand this and it was during a time when my family was not very faithful in meeting attendance.

*** w60 4/1 p. 219 par. 25 Part 35—“Your Will Be Done on Earth” ***

Studies have been made of the effect of cosmic rays on living cells in animal bodies, particularly with respect to disorders of the mind. What effect do they have or will they have on the way men behave here on earth? Certainly the Creator of cosmic rays, Jehovah God, could use these to affect the minds of his enemies, including the king of the north and the king of the south, and could drive them to mutual slaughter: “every man’s sword shall be against his brother.” (Ezek. 38:21, AS) In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he will do an ‘unusual work.’—Isa. 28:21

Hey, HB, I remember that one...I was a little older. I felt they were speculating but kept my opinion to myself.

*** kj chap. 20 p. 377 par. 22 Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind ***

The fact that Jehovah leaves the bodies of those slain at the defeat of Gog’s attack lying exposed on the ground for birds and wild beasts to gorge themselves upon symbolizes that they will not be laid in respected memorial tombs in hope of a resurrection for them. The unburied dead, “those slain by Jehovah,” will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way. This remains for the survivors of the “war of the great day” to see and witness. We remember that Noah and his seven fellow survivors of the global Deluge were not burdened with burying the human victims of that world catastrophe after they came out of the ark and renewed Jehovah’s worship on earth.—Genesis 8:18-22.

Hi, OTWO,

The question about how the anointed are instantly perfect, was one that I fielded to many an elder. They could never come up with an explanation. It was fun making them think a little.

Yes, jgnat, the hurrying of the death of billions always disgusted me. When I would be with other jws in the field circus and this topic came up I would remind them that they must have some hope for people otherwise why waste their time. If one person died because of their lack of diligence, wouldn't they be bloodguilty? It would get quiet in that car.

Thanks, eby. By 1937 the WTS was fighting on two fronts. They made themselves so obnoxious. It seemed that if a jw weren't physically persecuted, they weren't really worshipping God.

Good point, searcher. It was a good thing that Paul wasn't following men (Peter) and shunning Gentile Christians.

Hi Billy

"Hmmm, well, I guess the Botchtower doesn't want anything their Bible says to get in the way of what they teach."

Isn't it amazing what you learn about the WTS just by reading their own publications; who needs "apostate" literature.

Good question, bob, I asked them several times too why Satan was allowed access to heaven, especially in the book of Job.

Hi Bluesbrother, as true to form the WTS always leave an open-ended prediction about the cry of "peace and security."

Ann, thanks for pointing out the selective quoting by the WTS. But then they don't expect jws to even bother looking it up trusting that the WTS always tells the truth, right!

Thanks justhuman for the reminder of past WTS false predictions.

HB, Luke 21:8

It amazing how the WTS dances past that application of that scripture on the WT-CD.

Good comments everyone, I learned a lot

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit