Death and JW's

by Wordly Andre 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I don't think it's a JW thing. Some JWs grieve while others do not. Same with the "worldly" people I know.

• heathen
    heathen

All I can say is recently my father died and some nice old lady that reads the obituaries sends my mom a letter and yes there is a WTBTS track inside ,"What hope for dead loved ones"? I actually thought it was a nice idea at first but now considering it as just a way for them to hit you at one of the weakest moments in your life ,being a sympathetic ear is one of the best ways to gain someones confidence , they also like to use the scripture of, God is close to the broken heart-ed ,just like the other churches .I do disagree with some of what the track says as well. They claim the bible is not saying that death is a threshold to or doorway to a better life , then how come the apostle Paul said in his writings that he was torn between his ministry and facing death to be with christ? He longed to be with christ ,apparently being in this world and actually experiencing his presence was not enough. Those type of things are in the bible .This world is just a place for people to prove and test their metal for the next and death is clearly one way to move to the next .

• Casper
    Casper
    I've posted here before about my relationship with my dad before he died and how his last words to me were that he could never forgive me for turning my back on jehovah, and that I was a dissappointment to him and he will never forgive me for the way I live my life. I still bring him flowers 4 times a year, no one in my family knows that I do this, it's just between him and me, well now you guys.

That is so sad... I am so sorry you had to endure such. I would do the same as you, I would still visit and bring flowers, no matter how things had ended between us. Like you said... "He was your Dad".

When my second husband died, a JW, some of the Sisters expressed concern over the fact that I cried alot. One even said... " I don't understand why you keep crying, you'll see him again in the new system"....... UGH... B*ll Sh*t.

That Sister had never been married, or come anywhere close to losing two husbands in death. Neither she, nor any of the rest of them had any idea of the impact that situation had on me.

I think they are ~ NUTS ~ when it comes to dealing with death... so cold...!! I never was that way...

Cas

• Quandry
    Quandry

well yeah peace but after all he was still my dad, I don't blame him for all the JW crap, I blame the org for doing that to him. It gives me comfort to go to the gravesite of my mother and father. After all, they are there. There is a feeling that you are near them, and have time to reflect in peace on your life with them. Why not grieve when someone does die? There was a story I read about a little boy who saw his elderly neighbor sitting on his porch crying over the loss of his wife several years earlier. He climbed up in the man's lap. When his mother asked him what he was doing, he said,"I was helping him cry." I am sure that this did more than any words for this man. Good for you, Andre.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit