Happy 90th Birthday to Mr Mandela!!!

by Princess Daisy Boo 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
  • Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks to AnneD for reminding me... Now my thread has relevance to the JWD board...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2004/may/05/guardianobituaries.southafrica

• jakes
    jakes

Best wishes to Madiba. May he see many more.

jakes

• dinah
    dinah

Even Mr. Mandela has been witnessed to? OMG, what is the world coming to??!!!!

My senior term paper in high school was on Apartheid, well one was about the not guilty by reason of insanity plea (maybe that was research to keep myself out of prison ). I should have listened to my English teacher.

I learned alot about South Africa. I would never want to live there. At least here in America we only step on the underclass and don't put burning tires around their necks.

Nelson Mandela did so much to show racial inequality. Didn't his wife divorce him when he got out of prison?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Dinah - South Africa is an extremely beautiful country - albeit we have our problems, hopefully things will get better (ever the optimist)

Happy Birthday Madiba - ubaba kakhulu. Ngiyabonga kakhulu!

Madiba inspired a nation, then inspired the world.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Happy Birthday! One of his daughter's used to be in my old circuit. She was attending the U of Mass at Amherst and going to one of the northern MA congregations. I hope she escaped. Nelson's first wife was a JW. S4

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Bump...

South Africa is certainly a challenging place to live, but Madiba did more than most to give us something to hope for and aspire to.

• free2think
    free2think

Happy birthday Mr Mandela.

When he had his bday party in london, my cousin's fiancee went to his party, i was so jealous. I asked her why she didnt go, she said she was too shy.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Happy Birthday, Nelson!

Just think, when he was BORN, 1914 was already 3.5 years into past history.

Three months after he was born, J.F. Rutherford first publicly declared, "The World Has Ended—Millions Now Living Will Never Die!"

It is said that the best testament to anyone's life is to leave the world somewhat better than they found it. Mandela will have lived well.

Until then, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good riddance to Aparthate.

Good work, Mr. Mandela.

A shining example that we can all make a difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit