Danish Movie "To Verdener" about a JW girl now in English on DVD!

by GermanXJW 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• sandy
    sandy

Thanks for the update!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I'm pretty excited about this coming out. Definitely planning to get a copy off of amazon or ebay when I can.

• sandy
    sandy

Looks like you can order the movie now.

http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=2969017&subcat=region2

Sorry, I do not know how to post links properly. Just go to the first thread here and click on the link and it should take you right to the site where you can order the movie.

• Devilsnok
  • compound complex
    compound complex

On IMDb (Internet Movie Database), a link is provided to jehovahs-witness.com in a member's review of the film.

CoCo

• CunningMan
  • Gayle
    Gayle

Is it available to U.S. addresses yet? Those sites seem to indicate "Zone 2" which is not U.S. I definitely want to buy one right away.

• sandy
    sandy

any new info yet about a USA release?

• sandy
    sandy

http://www.nordiskfilm.com/resources.ashx/Resources/NordiskFilm/Om%20Nordisk%20Film/News/Toverdener_280x236.jpg

I don't know how to post this as a link you can click on and have it take you to the exact location. Sorry.
    When I typed in Nordisk Film into google is was the first site that came up.

• sandy
    sandy

THis is what I found on that website:

June of 2008

Worlds Apart sold to USA
    Due to Worlds Apart’s massive success in cinemas and at Film Festivals, Nordisk Film was contacted by the American company IFC Entertainment about distribution rights to the movie in North America.

Niels Arden Oplev’s movie has been seen by more than 315.000 Danish movie goers since it premiered in February 22. While showing in the cinemas Worlds Apart has received enormous attention on prestigious Film Festivals such as Berlin, Giffoni, Seoul and Tribeca.

Director in Nordisk Film Production, Kim Magnusson is happy about the success and has great expectations to the movie in USA: “We have had a lot of positive reactions to the movie – at the Tribeca Film Festival and in a review in Variety (American Film Magazine, red.), so I am convinced that the controversial subject will concern a large audience in USA just as it did in Denmark”.

Worlds Apart is produced and distributed by Nordisk Film. The movie is available on DVD in Denmark, August 26 this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit