Witness killed ex-girlfriend's mother today

by J-ex-W 13 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Can only stay long enough to post this. Happened among active Witnesses in Columbia Heights, MN congregation today.

• chickpea
    chickpea

this appears to be the account in
    the minneapolis star tribune
    (new brighton is NE of colomnia heights)

New Brighton woman shot, killed; police hunt for suspect

alt

Jeff Wheeler, Star Tribune

Police investigate the shooting scene in New Brighton.

Star Tribune

Last update: July 17, 2008 - 11:07 PM

A New Brighton woman died Thursday night, hours after being shot by an acquaintance of her teenage daughter, police said.

The 48-year-old woman and her 17-year-old daughter arrived home Thursday afternoon when they were confronted by the 21-year-old suspect in the parking lot next to the quad homes, said John Ellickson, deputy director for the New Brighton Police.

On Wednesday night, the mother and daughter had notified New Brighton police that they were concerned that the suspect might be a threat, he said.

"He apparently was upset after he was informed that she [the daughter] was not interested in a relationship with him," Ellickson said.

Police said the victim, who they have not identified, was shot in the abdomen. She was taken to Unity Hospital in Fridley, where she died, police said. The daughter was shot at but wasn't injured, Ellickson said.

Police were searching Thursday night for the suspect, who is described as a white male, 5 foot 9 and weighing about 140 pounds, who was reportedly driving a silver Toyota Corolla, with Minnesota license plate number XTX 016.

The Ramsey County Sheriff's Department, as well as the Roseville, Mounds View and Fridley Police departments, were assisting with the search.

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/25602174.html?location_refer=Homepage:highlightModules:1

• Highlander
    Highlander

I have relatives in that congregation, however I doubt that I know any of the victims or the shooter. I imagine that I'll be hearing details about this soon enough. Or maybe not as my j-dub family tries to stay off j-dub topics with me.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Wow. Shooting your girlfriends mom. . . That might not be the best way to win her heart.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

ive considered it at times.

it MUST be a jdub thing!!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's a sick, terrible thing. It's not just a JW thing, there are all kinds of stories like that. What a terrible thing for that poor woman and her daughter.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

What probably happened:

Crazy boyfriend

Religious extremist mother

Young, impressionable mini-dub. Mom hates that the boyfriend isn't a JW. Tells daughter not to date the boy anymore or else she won't be able to live in the house nor gain Jehovah's blessings. Boyfriend goes nuts and blames religion. Boyfriend kills mom.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Not Jw related.

I once had a babysitter in MO who broke up with her boyfriend.

The BF shot the mom, dad, and sister, killed them all.

Sad deal.

purps

• Sway
    Sway

Any names or details? I used to live in New Brighton.

• Vita Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit