Watchtower admits false prophesy in Court of Law!

by digderidoo 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

At least Franz and Covington had the balls to own the more offensive aspects of WT ideology; the current crop would misdirect, obfuscate, and twist the facts into semantic pretzels before copping to any of that shit in a public forum.

Three things...

a) ...I'm still gobsmacked that, after all that, Scotland still gave the WTS tax-exemption...

b) ...it reinforces something I've been saying for years; that they know it's wrong, but believe it's True, at the same time, and...

c) ...this case is the reason the Org will bend over backwards to keep GB members from being put on the witness stand.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The most important truth of the JWS/WTS leaders is that their teachings and propagations drew interest to the literature they published and garnered a semblance of power and control over others, they essentially became Kings and rulers of a Kingdom they built, all pretentiously marketed as god's chosen organization here on earth.

The reality they were just corrupt religious charlatans who were novice bible theologians at best.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Was that the time Fred Franz was asked about his qualifications regarding him translating the Hebrew language bible and he could not even translate a simple verse ?

• cofty
    cofty

Yes it was.

I met a man in Edinburgh once who was a retired lawyer who had worked on the case for the Procurator Fiscal.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Am I right in contrasting this case with the case of 29 , 54 ,of the Jehovah`s Witnesses at the Australian Royal Commission into child sexual abuse when the Australian Governing Body member Geoffrey Jackson took the stand ? and gave his testimony under oath ?

And also the Jehovah`s Witness lawyer Vin Toole who also gave his testimony under oath ?

A few Elders also gave their testimony along with the above others either swearing on the Bible ,which was a no , no , when I was an active JW whereas some others just gave an affirmative to tell the truth.Matt. 5:37

And that surprised me .

Both G.Jackson and Vin Toole gave misleading answers to questions that were given them , and the Elders in my mind gave a pitiful response to questions that were asked of them .

One in particular that I felt was just waiting for the Holy Spirit to put words in his mouth and they just never came .

I wish I was cluey enough to download these clips ,but I`m afraid I`m not .

I hope the newbies especially can see these for themselves ,and make up there own minds .

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Tell us more crofty🤔

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "...One in particular that I felt was just waiting for the Holy Spirit to put words in his mouth and they just never came..."

Yeah, I remember that poor fella; he ended up looking pretty lost.

Besides that, it also almost seemed like Watchtower reps expected the Commission to back off at even the most half-assed "Bible-based" argument.

Reminds me of something my Dad used to believe...

...that deep down, The World (somehow) actually knew JWs had The Truth, and even though they didn't want to admit it, they still felt compelled to oblige them in legal matters because of it...

...and that that was a big reason why the WTS so often prevailed in secular courts.

It doesn't even occur to most rank-and-filers that the Org's early successes in that particular field of battle was actually the result of shrewd, canny legal reps who only picked fights they thought they'd win, rather than Divine backing...

...I think even the leadership has bought into that particular rhetoric by now.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It too bad that the average Witness is unaware of Hayden Covington’s testimony all those years ago!

I was shocked and angry when I read this for the first time when I began my ‘Fade’ from the JW religion. What fools they must take everyone for!..Sorry I didn’t know of it earlier because I would have wasted less time in this vacuum of a religion.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I used to have a copy of the full transcript. I found it fascinating. I believe it shows that the WT leadership was bound and determined for the ten to fifteen years after WW2 to get their people, particularly men in either Bethel or in 'pioneer' work, registered officially as 'ministers'. This took some back pedalling and changing of their messaging. For instance, to qualify as a 'religion', they had to get past their own past statements against 'organized religion', so they changed it to 'true' religion and 'false' religion. Their statements previously that they 'had no creed', had to change to 'yes, we have defined beliefs which are obligatory to believe'. The 'colporter' role had to be eliminated because it was simply a salesman, so presto, a new designation appears, a 'pioneer'. The 'ministry school' was invented (it started in the beginning just for the Bethel staff) to be able to say that their 'ministers' had a seminary-like education. Gilead School was created to get their missionaries a credential to get into countries with a missionary status. All of it was motivated, I believe, solely to satisfy court and legal requirements. That's my theory anyway, I have no proof, but reading of the Walsh case convinced me of it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DROPOFFYOURKEYLEE:

Yes. I also believe claims of being ‘spirit directed’ would add credibility. I guess the creator somehow communicates with somebody there. 🙄I would love to meet them and shake their hand for they are special indeed!

When I was active in the religion I had visions of somebody in a trance. How else would the spirit direct anybody?

If you look at it, every religion has their claims of miracles and supernatural occurrences..So, I figure the JW religion did something similar to give themselves a holy mystique and a bona fide religion.

Without this divine holy smoke and mirrors, they’d just be another club.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit