Photo shock!

by Marilyn 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((mar))))))))0
    I empathize with you hun. Probably been about 15 yrs now since my sister has spoken or bothered to look at me. She decided I wasn't worthy way before I even left the WTS. I saw her at a funeral not long ago.She walked(as she always does) right by me.
    I looked at her and said to myself,'yanno,I don't even KNOW this person anymore,and I don't want to anymore'.
    It hurt a lot at first. But not for a long time now. I learned to 'let her go',along w/ other family members who manifested the same warped behavior.
    I agree w/ waiting here. They're really walking billboards for the WTS. And believe me,it never goes unoticed by others at such functions. I look at it rather postively now. She and the others do more for keeping many out of the WTS than anything I could ever say or do. For that,I'm grateful.luv,Tina

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Bluesapphire,

You are so-o-o tough to not give up your rights with family. It's too bad that you have to go thru the sadness afterwards.

I hope you soon become inured to her behavior so it doesn't hurt you. Then you will have completely triumphed!

It's hard to admit that family members sometimes have to be written off as hopeless for now. I have one (my daughter) in the same category.

I will keep your example in mind. You are accomplishing a lot of good by refusing to give in to that load of Bandini.

Cheers!

Pat

• waiting
    waiting

hiya, Pat,

that load of Bandini.
    I can imagine, but.....what's that - specifically?

waiting

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Waiting,

Bandini is a brand name of fertilizer and it's kind of a saying here. Of course, it's synonymous with 'load of crap.' :-)

Cheers!
    Pat

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Hi Bluesapphire, You comments made me feel oh so sad. I know what you are feeling. I too am responsible for talking my siblings into becoming dubs. What a burden of guilt to carry. I almost feel my punishment of being shunned is inadequate. My brother, the one in the photo, was the last one to succumb to my hard sell approach.

Just make sure your family are well aware of what your sister is doing, because unsuspecting family members are the most vulnerable to the JW quackery. Then I think you should use these family occassions with your sister to put her on the spot in front of the unbelieving relatives. When there is a lull in the conversation, you should tell the group how your sister isn't allowed to talk to you any more because she belongs to a religion that controls her every moment. Then make the announcement that you are prepared for a permanent separation from your sister, because you have no intention of returning to a religion that doesn't allow you to do anything outside their endless rules.

Go for her throat Saph, They are all fair game and you have the perfect opportunity to make her squirm (not smirk!!!!!)

Marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit